Author Topic: engine builds  (Read 1649 times)

ditchyboy

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
engine builds
« on: 20:27, Mon 25 May 2009 »
right then, say if i bought an engine in the near future whilst trying to find a gtt would it be possble to re-build it? what i mean is that i would be putting it back together and adding uprated / new parts but would have nothing to put it in. so i would not be able to test it until it was finished then it might have loads wrong with it. anyway to test along the way? would i need an engine stand and just out of interest where could i get one from and how much??

r5matt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.renault5gtturbo.co.uk
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 20:50, Mon 25 May 2009 »
pot luck, companys probs would test it , would take time to actually locate one , and they wouldnt insure it, cost loadsa money to, probs 5x times your engine lol

ditchyboy

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 21:04, Mon 25 May 2009 »
sorry what do you mean? who wouldnt insire what? and difficult to locate what? sorry probs just me not reading it properly cheers

r5matt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.renault5gtturbo.co.uk
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 21:17, Mon 25 May 2009 »
liability insurance, they wont offer you insurance, to cover any damages to the engine ,ie      they test it , it goes bang , not there fault with me?
 and to find a company that offer engine testing would be hard to find

ditchyboy

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 21:29, Mon 25 May 2009 »
yep get you now pal! sorry for being slow the first time!!

r5gttraider

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 01:35, Tue 26 May 2009 »
id say if its good parts and put together properly it should be fine, bar the carb it should run perfectly, i see were you may get things wrong but if you done it before, which im guessing you have then there wont be any reason why you couldnt, tho you may fail to have enhusiasm along the way with no body work to play with when you are waiting for engine parts, or a tool you may have to buy online,