Author Topic: Roll Cage  (Read 1911 times)

cavsri130

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Roll Cage
« on: 06:43, Thu 14 May 2009 »
i was thinkng about getting a show cage for the 5 but my mate just bought a starlet gt turbo with a 6 point cage. it looks pretty good and has the foam protection, no holes in the dash, just the parcel shelf removed.

was wondering if anyone has one in there 5 and does it cut into the dash or anywhere else? where did you get it and cost?
IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT!

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 07:18, Thu 14 May 2009 »
hey cavsri,ive got a sparco 8 point roll cage that i bought off my mate im only gonna use it as a 6 pointer cos the other two points go through the dash onto the strut tops have a look on my posts mate and youll see it near the start of the build,other than that it all fits in really good still gotta weld in plates for the floor to mount it and ive had to remove all my sun visors and stuff also the seat belts have to go cos theres no room thinks thats pretty much goes for any cage fitement though hope this helps bud :D

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 08:49, Thu 14 May 2009 »
I had a saftey devices cage in my old GTT, didn't need to cut the dash at all, the door bars were tight on the pockets with my buckets in so i removed them.
Expensive though...
I've also had an OMP 10 point in my other GTT & didn't need to cut the dash, for both i had to modify the cental locking reciever & light in the roof though.

r5gttraider

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 14:14, Thu 14 May 2009 »
with the show cages, can you still use the oe seatbelts plus get ppl in the back, usserly theres etheir 2 adults in the back or my two kids and a adult but 99% of the time just the kids

cavsri130

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 15:25, Thu 14 May 2009 »
i had a gt tuning show cage in my last one and it looked pretty good so i wanted another, full cage should look pretty mean and rally like
IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT!

cavsri130

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 20:16, Thu 14 May 2009 »
demon tweeks sell a omp 10 point cage for 373 + vat! not sure if im into payin that for it and it needs painted
IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT!

bernard

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 22:53, Thu 14 May 2009 »
That doesn't sound to bad a pared to safety devices prices, Ive brought a omp cage for my fiesta rs turbo and the fit wasn't very good tbh I ended up cutting and welding Im not sure what there like for gt turbo tho, But safety devices has always been spot on.

r5matt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.renault5gtturbo.co.uk
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: 22:56, Thu 14 May 2009 »
75% of insurance company s class show cages as voids to  your insurance as they are not approved...  and can cause more harm than good stick to a proper cage see above for suggestions

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: 08:57, Fri 15 May 2009 »
You can use the rear seats & the seatbelts with the cages.. I had the omp with removable rear diagonal & i could fit people in the rear as well ;)
There is a huge difference between a roll cage & a show cage & if i were to have on i know what i'd fit.