Author Topic: flowing a oe intercooler  (Read 1406 times)

DanielSon-gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
flowing a oe intercooler
« on: 14:21, Wed 06 May 2009 »
i dont know if this will be much help to anyone but you never know
if any of the moderators want to use it for the diy section feel free  

firstly you want to remove your intercooler from your car

now youll need to remove the top section as thats where the flap is located that youll be fixing in the open position the top is held on by teeth on all four sides use a negative screw driver to bend them back untill the top section become detached

now with the top section off the flap becomes visable remove the four screws that holds the flap in and it will pull straight out

now with the flap removed turn it over and you will see the mec that alows the flap to open and shut youll need to remove the spring so that it stops the flap from springing shut how to remove the spring is to just work it over the one end that isnt fixed

with the spring removed youll see you have a gap at the top when the shaft is pushed all the way to the bottom so that the flap is in its open position

fill the gap with in my case a square of plastic that i melted onto the shaft to keep the flap from closing

once the gap is filled screw the mec back into the top section and replace the top back on to the cooler dont forget to strap the cooler with jubily clips

Go Boost Or Go Home

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 00:51, Thu 07 May 2009 »
Small bolt and nut in the correct place drilled into the side will have the same effect without having to split the intercooler.

Good guide if not slightly over-engineered. :D

r5gttraider

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 21:25, Fri 08 May 2009 »
and if you want to do it properly, make up a plate for both sides, cut it so the middle part still makes a seal the rivit it to the body, and some good ole sealent, in the oven cook for 15 mins, and then let it dry and cure for 12 hours

muxgtt

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 22:52, Wed 13 May 2009 »
bloody hell gtt are you going to eat it lmaoooo