Author Topic: sooo hard.......why?!!  (Read 3570 times)

ains

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
sooo hard.......why?!!
« on: 20:28, Fri 03 April 2009 »
treated the car today to new ht leads, fuel filter, dizzy cap and arm and spark plugs. i was gonna do the oil and filter but i'll do that another day with mobil super s 10/40.
anyway, everything was very easy until i got to getting the old spark plugs out!!!! they didnt want to budge....i even snapped the tool. in the end i got a long wrench which worked but there was only one that was easy to unscrew. the others felt really tight and it was tight putting the new ones in. the old plugs were very black and sooty, is that about right???
 took it out for a spin and it was going well, then when i put my foot down i felt a slight missfire. got home and there was coolant over the front bumper???!!!! had a look and the altanator had put a slit in the pipe that runs from the top of the expansion tank to the black circle thing lol.
 another thing to do. still one of the most fun cars ive had tho.

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 22:31, Fri 03 April 2009 »
Best to cable tie that pipe out of the way, also make sure it doesn't catch on the radiator fan either.

ains

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 20:26, Sat 04 April 2009 »
cheers mate, i'll do that. the pipe is very close to the alternator. its annoying because i cant drive the car!!! i ordered a new one from CGB today.

r5gttraider

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: sooo hard.......why?!!
« Reply #3 on: 03:52, Sun 05 April 2009 »
Quote from: "ains"
treated the car today to new ht leads, fuel filter, dizzy cap and arm and spark plugs. i was gonna do the oil and filter but i'll do that another day with mobil super s 10/40.
anyway, everything was very easy until i got to getting the old spark plugs out!!!! they didnt want to budge....i even snapped the tool. in the end i got a long wrench which worked but there was only one that was easy to unscrew. the others felt really tight and it was tight putting the new ones in. the old plugs were very black and sooty, is that about right???
 took it out for a spin and it was going well, then when i put my foot down i felt a slight missfire. got home and there was coolant over the front bumper???!!!! had a look and the altanator had put a slit in the pipe that runs from the top of the expansion tank to the black circle thing lol.
 another thing to do. still one of the most fun cars ive had tho.

If the deposit is black but dry, it usually means that your fuel mixture is too rich. If it is black but oily, then it is a clear indication of oil consumption and you will need to find out where the oil is coming from -- the pistons and rings, or the valve guides

you snaped a tool undoing a spark plug???????

did you put them in a hot enigne last time ??

do youve got a sotty black plugs (i pursume dry )
and your feeling a light misfire..

i suspect your running to much boost thus over fueling becasue its not burning all the charged air and fuel mixture
. weres the boost gadge sit when at mid range, and also what revs is it misfiring got pictures of you engine bay?

also do you know what jets are in it

what mods you done/ got on it?

ains

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 09:12, Sun 05 April 2009 »
plugs are dry and i think the missfire was from the coolant pipe splitting? not even sure if it was a missfire. i didn't put last plugs in but who ever did was very strong lol!!
not sure wot jets, should be standard. it was running 15psi, but i put it down to 12psi.

By ainz2009 at 2009-03-19
spec is-
k-tec fmic
twin dump valves
exhaust system
boost pod
samco hoses
bleed valve
cone air filter
 cheers

r5gttraider

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 09:45, Sun 05 April 2009 »
mm strange

was the misfire feel like a jerk and hesitation or did it just drive on though

you say when you put your foot doen you feel a misfire?

more like: who ever put the last plugs ethier cross threaded 3 or way to tight, you lucky it hasnt striped the thread like some one had done on my p1 spark plug, has a metal coller/helicoil there

just check for boost leaks and vacum leaks

ains

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 11:34, Sun 05 April 2009 »
yes it did jerk. i think it was to do with the coolant pipe splitting tho. it boosted ok after it happened as i drove home but i didnt go too mad.

r5gttraider

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: 15:13, Sun 05 April 2009 »
dont think the jerk had any think to do with the pipe, but could be wrong. your lucky not to get hgf!!

ains

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: 16:04, Thu 09 April 2009 »
fitted the coolant pipe today and she's running very nice indeed lol! i think the jerk was from the coolant pipe splitting as theres no problems now.

r5gttraider

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: 16:34, Thu 09 April 2009 »
you know its hard to explain but i split a coolent hose today because the relay for the fan packed up, it sounded like a turbo blown then ran like shit for a few seconds! and it did jerk and back fire i think, unless it was the massive amount of pressure, also poped the belt off lol

im putting mine on in a bit and i hop i aint got hgf!!

ains

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: 19:47, Thu 09 April 2009 »
sounds worse than mine was tho, i just felt a slight hesitation.

r5gttraider

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: 21:13, Thu 09 April 2009 »
all sorted now tho i have the wrong top hose

r5gttraider

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: 21:27, Thu 09 April 2009 »
Quote from: "ains"
plugs are dry and i think the missfire was from the coolant pipe splitting? not even sure if it was a missfire. i didn't put last plugs in but who ever did was very strong lol!!
not sure what jets, should be standard. it was running 15psi, but i put it down to 12psi.

By ainz2009 at 2009-03-19
spec is-
k-tec fmic
twin dump valves
exhaust system
boost pod
samco hoses
bleed valve
cone air filter
 cheers

how come you have two dump valves

ains

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: 13:29, Fri 10 April 2009 »
dont know really know lol. broughtn it like it?!