Author Topic: hello everyone  (Read 6651 times)

eddy_gtt

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
hello everyone
« on: 02:47, Mon 06 April 2009 »
hi, just signed up last week. i am looking to buy my first renault 5 GTT at the end of the month, any one have any advice?

i hve wanted 1 for a while now and now that i am 21 the insurance is at a resonable price. i am looking to spend around 2-2.5k on one.

looking forwad to talking and maybe meeting you all

Chris

r5gttraider

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 03:15, Mon 06 April 2009 »
wellcome mate

id say buy a clean one, with a enigne bay that looks tidy wiyth hoes and wires not all over the place, which is a sure sign of a boy racer/bodging type (no offence)

also just check for usual things on cars, state of body, rust and just make sure the seller starts it from cold,

and most importanlty dont buy the first one you see, unless its upmost condition etc

but with 2-2.5k you will get you a realy nice one, and you shouldnt need to worry about much but if you read here

http://www.renault5gtturbo.com/buying.htm

it will tell you alot about how to check the car and importantly the turbo just by driving it

hth

mat

r5gtt08

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 09:59, Mon 06 April 2009 »
hi matey and welcome to the forum i see you only live about 15mins away from me if you want give me a pm (private message) and i will have a pop along to see you and tell you what to look for when buyin one or if you want i will come along to veiw any that you have in mind and as r5gtraider89 said for that kinda of money you should get a pretty good one.

but also it depends if your wanting one thats not modified or non modified?

but drop me a pm and i'll get back to ya bud
DONT KNOCK IT TIL YOU TRIED IT!!!!!!!!!

eddy_gtt

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 11:06, Mon 06 April 2009 »
thanks lads, and i may well be in touch r5gtt08, are you out much in your reno 5? may of seen you around.
about modifications... aint realy fused if it has had any or not, just as long as there done properley and as you said r5gtraider89, as long as it has been looked after and not ragged all over by boy racers

r5gttraider

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 11:07, Mon 06 April 2009 »
i think its in any ones best intrest to buy a as lest molestoered gt as possible.
obisly there will always be (80%) a gt with mods even if its a dv and a boost controller
so long as other things have been uprated to suit

r5gtt08

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 22:17, Mon 06 April 2009 »
Quote from: "eddy_gtt"
thanks lads, and i may well be in touch r5gtt08, are you out much in your reno 5? may of seen you around.about modifications... aint realy fused if it has had any or not, just as long as there done properley and as you said r5gtraider89, as long as it has been looked after and not ragged all over by boy racers

yeah matey i am sometimes take it up to newcastle on a sunday night in the underground car park at the side of st.james's park lol

and as for a modified gt i meant a looked after one lol but like i said just give me a pm and i will get back to ya straight away bud  :lol:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

BriC

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 22:45, Mon 06 April 2009 »
My advice - buy one that's relatively unmolested and seems to be sold by a genuine person. Also, join RTOC, because it's an absolute bank of knowledge! More than pays for itself in technical advice.

r5gtt08

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: 22:49, Mon 06 April 2009 »
Quote from: "BriC"
My advice - buy one that's relatively unmolested and seems to be sold by a genuine person. Also, join RTOC, because it's an absolute bank of knowledge! More than pays for itself in technical advice.

sorry bud but i aint being funny but personaly i dont think its worth the money as there is just as good technical advice on this forum mate as most people on here are really helpfull in my opinion  :wink:  :lol:

smithsgtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: 00:40, Tue 07 April 2009 »
true mate and welcome to the forum listen to rob (r5gtt08) he and his bro have a lot of info that i gave them so if you ask him nicely he might give you a copy

eddy_gtt

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: 02:58, Tue 07 April 2009 »
Quote from: "r5gtt08"
thanks lads, and i may well be in touch r5gtt08, are you out much in your reno 5? may of seen you around.about modifications... aint realy fused if it has had any or not, just as long as there done properley and as you said r5gtraider89, as long as it has been looked after and not ragged all over by boy racers

yeah matey i am sometimes take it up to newcastle on a sunday night in the underground car park at the side of st.james's park lol

and as for a modified gt i meant a looked after one lol but like i said just give me a pm and i will get back to ya straight away bud  :lol:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

thanks r5gtt08. once i get rid of my gti6 i could maybe meet up with you one sunday befor i find a 5 i want.

as for the ungerground car par at st.james's park, never new anyone went there??? it get busy? i usualy go down to washington mcdonalds.
any chance in getting a pic of your 5 up so i no what to look out for

r5gttraider

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: 09:54, Tue 07 April 2009 »
Quote from: "smithsgtt"
he and his bro have a lot of info that i gave them so if you ask him nicely he might give you a copy

oo what info is this?? please tell :twisted:  :P

r5gtt08

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: 10:30, Tue 07 April 2009 »
Quote from: "r5gtt08"

thanks r5gtt08. once i get rid of my gti6 i could maybe meet up with you one sunday befor i find a 5 i want.

as for the ungerground car par at st.james's park, never new anyone went there??? it get busy? i usualy go down to washington mcdonalds.
any chance in getting a pic of your 5 up so i no what to look out for

certainly mate we usually start off at the mcdonalds at washington and then further on in the night we just chase all the big cars and end up at st.james's lol here's a pic of my car matey

r5gtt08

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: 10:32, Tue 07 April 2009 »
Quote from: "r5gttraider"
Quote from: "smithsgtt"
he and his bro have a lot of info that i gave them so if you ask him nicely he might give you a copy

oo what info is this?? please tell :twisted:  :P

it's a document about 50pages long (maybe more) with every bit of info you need to know about a 5 turbo including modifications etc lol

r5gttraider

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: 10:49, Tue 07 April 2009 »
chargable?

or is it in pdf/word format?

r5gtt08

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: 10:57, Tue 07 April 2009 »
its on a4 paper mate i would need to scan it on to my computer first mate i'll give you a pm once i have done it  :wink: