Author Topic: revoked licence?  (Read 5086 times)

antj2k9

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
revoked licence?
« on: 03:14, Sat 04 April 2009 »
driving home from maidstone tonight almost got to my front door and got blue lights behind me, after pulling over and getting a ear bashing for not wearing my seatbelt. lol

They run the normal checks on me and it comes back that my licence was revoked in jan 09 so looks like ive been driving round with no clue that i have no licence for the last 3months, dose anyone know what ive got to do to get it back?

Police told me that they dont know why and im not going to be able to speek to the dvla till monday now, ive been driveing almost 8years and only thought they could revoke your licence if you get more then 6 points in your first 2 years or for medical reasons and none of those apply to me, im not at all happy was ment to be driveing my 5 to the south of france on the 20th got everything booked up already, dose anyone know if i would be band in france lol?
what goes around comes around

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 10:17, Sat 04 April 2009 »
You been caught by any speed camera's ?
But then you'd have had something in the post... surely they'd have to notify you if your licence is revoked ??

antj2k9

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 11:46, Sat 04 April 2009 »
i moved from kent to surrey2months ago so if they did send anything its more then likely gone to my old address, nope not been flashed by any speed traps that i know of, looks like im going to have to re take my test after 8years of bad habbits lol

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 14:04, Sat 04 April 2009 »
If your licence has been revoked surely your insurance is now void and they would of impounded the car?

r5gtt08

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 14:09, Sat 04 April 2009 »
Quote from: "Ash-Lee"
If your licence has been revoked surely your insurance is now void and they would of impounded the car?

thats what i was thinking, what a strange thing for them to come out with though coppers are proper fooking weird like lol

if it was me i would get a good solicitor :wink:
DONT KNOCK IT TIL YOU TRIED IT!!!!!!!!!

smithsgtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 14:11, Sat 04 April 2009 »
there was a big write up about that no so long ago with people not knowing that there licences were revolked as the dvla have put short dates on over 1 million of licences and when i seen i wrote up there was a lot of complaints about this and in the write up it did tell everyone to check there licences BEFORE driving.....
thats why they ask you to keep your address on your licence up to date

and to your question will you be banned in france yes you cannot drive there sorry mate

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 14:28, Sat 04 April 2009 »
Ah yes, maybe the licence 'ran out' so it hopefully should be ok for ya... Unless like i say you have been caught a few times speeding, then it's all gone to the old address, i think a call to the DVLA is a deffo Monday !!

antj2k9

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: 14:58, Sat 04 April 2009 »
luckly the car wasnt seese as my misses was with me and insured in the car and coz i didnt know i didnt have a licence they didnt take the car but could of, im hopeing its just run out and then i can just reapply but im only 24 and i know the date on my licence is dated to expire when im 70! yer will be on the pfone first thing monday but got a filling it will be bad news

r5gttraider

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: 15:32, Sat 04 April 2009 »
no revoked licence is were you acumilate more than 6 points (with n two years off passing) and 12 after

i got caught with no insurance after my d/d didnt pay the canceled it and didnt ring me or send a letter

any how i got 6 points and licence revoked

i had to sit my theory and test again

and then you still get 6 points witch i refuse to declare as i wasnt told i was uninsured

ring dvla an just ask mate

antj2k9

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: 17:56, Sat 04 April 2009 »
yer i read about the 6 points in the first 2 years but thought if you drove longer like i have if you get 12 points you just get a year band automatically and the police said im not banned my licence has just been revoked, im dreading having to do my tests again. lol

I passed both first time when i was 17 but dont know if i could do it again, do i have to wait to re-apply of can i get a provisional soon as i like?

owe

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: 18:16, Sat 04 April 2009 »
the only time ive heard of licences being revoked is wen ur on ur first 2 years probation, i bet its just a mix up uno
everybody needs to watch this film >>>>>endgame by alex jones

antj2k9

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: 19:38, Sat 04 April 2009 »
i dont know ive been band before a few time lol for in10 but that was 5 years ago and they are off my licence no i should of only have a 18month band that will be off my licence in 2 days and 6pionts and i know i havent gone through 2 speed camras. i was pulled on the motorway in jan in my old subaru and everything was fine but lastnight i was told it was revoked on the 27/1/09 i really dont know whats going on

antj2k9

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: 01:20, Tue 07 April 2009 »
well made a call to dvla today and they didnt have a clue what i was on about said im all good to drive have full entitlements and didnt know why the police thought my licence has been revoked, i asked the women  about 10times if she was sure and she said in defo ok to drive so im happy with that just got to wait to see the same copper when im out coz i know she will be on me trying to drag me out my car lol

smithsgtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: 01:57, Tue 07 April 2009 »
make sure you got the persons name that you spoke to about your licence mate that way if there is any come back then you can give them her name to sort it out

owe

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: 05:29, Tue 07 April 2009 »
good to hear man, copppers will say anthing just an excuse to pull u over. i got pulled for no insurance an i just laughed at em coz i was half way 1500 policy so knew the money was comin out my bank lol
everybody needs to watch this film >>>>>endgame by alex jones