Author Topic: Fuel pump relay bridgeing  (Read 2465 times)

Bozl1n

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
Fuel pump relay bridgeing
« on: 00:00, Wed 01 April 2009 »
Having a few issues with my feul pump and am trying to bypass the relay to make sure the pump is ok and it is actully the relay itself thats the problem....

The thing is ive been told to bridge pins 5 and 6 by 1 person, yet haynes say bridge 3 and 5......

Any1 know for sure which pins it actully is please?

Thanks in advance

Also.... every thing ive read so far regarding this relay has stated that the relay itself is black with a gray base..... Mine seems to be white.... Hope ive got the correct 1, is the fuel pump relay the only 6 pin relay found on the right side of the main fuses?

Bozl1n

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 00:35, Wed 01 April 2009 »
Done a bit of a serch and now im not even sure ive got the right relay in my hand....

To the right of the fuses theres 4 relays, ive removed the 1 from the top right corner, its 6 pin, white and has ref.02481 on it

That the correct 1?

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 05:41, Wed 01 April 2009 »
relay should be black, or green if its a new one, and cant u just take the fuel pump off the bottom of the car, and connect a 12v battier up o it,

this should help a little

http://www.renault5gtturbo.com/forum/vi ... php?t=4746

safe
My cars only as fast as the people pushing it

chillin... chillin....... chillin.........boooOOOOOOST

markeyturbo

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 01:32, Thu 02 April 2009 »
Fuel relay has 5 wires, a big white and a big red, a black a grey and i can't remember the 3rd.

bridge the fat red and white wires on the plug and it should buzz the fuel pump.

James5

• Test
  • Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 12:52, Thu 02 April 2009 »
Quote from: "markeyturbo"
Fuel relay has 5 wires, a big white and a big red, a black a grey and i can't remember the 3rd.

bridge the fat red and white wires on the plug and it should buzz the fuel pump.

To bypass the relay you have two options

1) Permanent live feed even when car turned off, bridge red and white,
2) Ignition live so only activated when key is turned on, bridge yellow and white.

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 18:02, Thu 02 April 2009 »
i no this is gonna sound dull but when u say bridge the gap, do u mean just touch the 2 red and white spade ends together ?? (from the connector block)  or wedge a bit of wire from one bit to the other while the spade ends are still in the connector block or dosent it matter as long as red and white are touching ?

nice one

James5

• Test
  • Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 18:30, Thu 02 April 2009 »
Quote from: "small_all@hotmail.com"
i no this is gonna sound dull but when you say bridge the gap, do you mean just touch the 2 red and white spade ends together ?? (from the connector block)  or wedge a bit of wire from one bit to the other while the spade ends are still in the connector block or dosent it matter as long as red and white are touching ?

nice one

What you need to do is leave the fuel pump relay connections as they are get yourself a spare piece of electrical wire about 20cm long put a spade connector at each end place 1 end into the white wire connection and the other end either into the red or yellow and the fuel pump will then activate (Should if the fuel pump is working)

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: 18:48, Thu 02 April 2009 »
sweet, nice one :D im just scared of burning the loom, and having to take my dash out or sorting bits out all again (i only just got it back in)