Author Topic: MOT checks  (Read 4034 times)

sparkysparks

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
MOT checks
« on: 22:15, Tue 31 March 2009 »
Hi, im hoping to get an MOT on thursday. Is there anything in particular that these fail on e.g. wheel bearings or brakes
all my rubbers look in good condition and the lights now work properly.
Thanks.

r5gtt08

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 08:12, Wed 01 April 2009 »
whats your jacking points like and your sills?

i was suprised when i mot'd mine last month it only failed on a track rod end! i really did think the failure list was going to be huge lol but it flew through one thing i may suggest you do if it aint already done underseal the it or waxoil it make sure all your seatbelts work,make sure your doors shut propearly, if your car is solid then just put it in for the test and you may be suprised as it may not fail and sail straight thruogh bud :wink:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
DONT KNOCK IT TIL YOU TRIED IT!!!!!!!!!

owe

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 08:51, Wed 01 April 2009 »
all i do is take it to my local which gives u a free retest within 10 working days, saves me worrying will this or that pass lol
everybody needs to watch this film >>>>>endgame by alex jones

r5gttraider

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 09:01, Wed 01 April 2009 »
Quote from: "owe"
all i do is take it to my local which gives you a free retest within 10 working days, saves me worrying will this or that pass lol

i agree best way to do it, but making sure you have enoth spare cash for the worse senireo helps!! had free retest but parts was going to cost 190 (on my last car (e30) and never got the parts in time. so the car went as i wasnt paying all that money plus ANOTHER 50 quid!

r5gtt08

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 09:06, Wed 01 April 2009 »
Quote from: "owe"
all i do is take it to my local which gives you a free retest within 10 working days, saves me worrying will this or that pass lol

true it is the easiest way like if you dont know what you are actually looking for (damage wise) and where i take my cars if it fails you only pay 10 then you have 14 days to get it done then when you take it back and it passes you only have to pay another 20 and obviously if the bill is going through the roof to fix it then you have only paid 10 for a mot lol

r5gttraider

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 09:12, Wed 01 April 2009 »
30 to have it re tested? there ripping you off there mate, what aload of dogs wollop, 10 to have it retested. and if it passes another 20, think you need to start going some were else mate, a retest is free! set by the goverment and the company can choose if not to give the retest or not, ring mot ppl think its vosa and ask can they charge me this extra for a supposibly free retest, i can gurentee you there be asking for the company name and phone number 100%

owe

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 09:28, Wed 01 April 2009 »
Quote from: "r5gttraider89"
30 to have it re tested? there ripping you off there mate, what aload of dogs wollop, 10 to have it retested. and if it passes another 20, think you need to start going some were else mate, a retest is free! set by the goverment and the company can choose if not to give the retest or not, ring mot people think its vosa and ask can they charge me this extra for a supposibly free retest, i can gurentee you there be asking for the company name and phone number 100%

i think u need to read wot r5gtt08 wrote again mate lol, an im pretty sure its the mot testers discression whether he charges  full price, half price or free for a retest

r5gttraider

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: 09:28, Wed 01 April 2009 »
whats wrong with my reply?

r5gtt08

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: 10:14, Wed 01 April 2009 »
30 to have it re tested? there ripping you off there mate, what aload of dogs wollop, 10 to have it retested. and if it passes another 20, think you need to start going some were else mate, a retest is free! set by the goverment and the company can choose if not to give the retest or not, ring mot people think its vosa and ask can they charge me this extra for a supposibly free retest, i can gurentee you there be asking for the company name and phone number 100%

dont know what you mean mate maybe start to learn english lol

as what i said was the mot is a total of 30 but if it fails then you only pay 10 and when you take it back you only pay the outstanding balance which would be 20 so 10+20= 30 is that a bit more clearer for you
matey  :wink:

also i think you need to consider using a different mot station as i would not pay 50 for an mot! :wink:  :lol:

sparkysparks

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: 10:23, Wed 01 April 2009 »
Thanks, i thought all MOT's were 50 now.

r5gttraider

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: 10:26, Wed 01 April 2009 »
Quote from: "r5gtt08"

dont know what you mean mate maybe start to learn english lol

as what i said was the mot is a total of 30 but if it fails then you only pay 10 and when you take it back you only pay the outstanding balance which would be 20 so 10+20= 30 is that a bit more clearer for you
matey  :wink:

also i think you need to consider using a different mot station as i would not pay 50 for an mot! :wink:  :lol:

wtf

i put 30 u nutter,and my grammer isnt the best but its readable
matey

and all mots are 48 or close to that,

whats with the sodding attutude

oh and heres what i put
10 to have it retested. and if it passes another 20, think you need to start going some were else mate

and you trying to be clever and cocky

you only pay 10 and when you take it back you only pay the outstanding balance which would be 20 so 10+20= 30

dont you think they say the same thing?

put ya hand bag away and chill ffs

owe

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: 10:49, Wed 01 April 2009 »
wot r5gtt08 was saying its he pays 30 for the full mot, not for the retest an i kno if i cud get that deal id be buzzin lol

r5gtt08

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: 10:49, Wed 01 April 2009 »
ok mate you are obvioulsy offended from what i said but if you look at my last post i highlited what you said and you did say 30 for a retest!

and i aint being bitchy but i do think i know what i am talking about and mot's int the north-east of england are 30 and thats it obvioulsy they may be slightly more expensive further down the country because of higher costs to living but thats what i pay and have done for the past 3/4 years matey! :wink:

i think you should read over the post i have highlited matey :wink:

r5gttraider

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: 10:51, Wed 01 April 2009 »
yer i was talking about the retest no the mot its self, i can get mot half price any how but its a bit outta my way so i dont bother, still never mind ......forgotten about ;)

r5gtt08

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: 10:57, Wed 01 April 2009 »
yer i was talking about the retest no the mot its self, i can get mot half price any how but its a bit outta my way so i dont bother, still never mind ......forgotten about ;)

its ok bud sometimes its easy to get carried away with yourself matey  :wink:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

never mind sometimes i type fast and it looks all muddled up to people with me relising lol