Author Topic: first turbo... gtt raider, needs tlc!! (pic heavy)  (Read 1680 times)

r5gttraider

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
first turbo... gtt raider, needs tlc!! (pic heavy)
« on: 23:20, Mon 30 March 2009 »
well hello all
already meet some helpfull people here!!

so heres my first turbo,a 1990 raider in a half decent state!

i hope its not going to turn out to be trouble!!!

basicly the last owner (a good mate) was driving down the road and smoke started poring from the dash, luckly the battary earth was lose enoth to remove!!!

so i brought it as i know the car any how, and how a fire didnt start is any ones guess really,

the reason i have it now is becasue when i removed the dash for him he said fuk that its gone thats to much for me, i insisted on fixing but the ended up buying for 500!!

got dash loom on hold with smithsgtt so big thanks there, just need the headlight loom.

ill start with were it started to were it stopped luckly!!

wire cut by traped under intercooler

plug in drivers foot well

dash loom behind clocks

and this is were it stopped at the black plug!!

any way enoth about the bad bits heres the car , just needs a painted bonnet or one in this colour already.

under the car is clean as and as for rust theres a bit at the bottom of the window, which i monor then a little on the offside leg which again isnt major, just gotta treat it now to be sure!!
in no order (and yes it needs a wash lol)

as you can see its got a full scorp system, but not the first part from the turbo
and 15" comp wheels!

and a lovly vent which in my view is on the wrong side!

davesgtt,s

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 00:21, Tue 31 March 2009 »
looks nice mate but if i were you id get rid of the bonnet with the vent and buy a new one,put some standerd yellow fogs back in and give it a good wash and pollish.would look the dogs.would be worth 3 times what you paid for it
but then again its not my car is it.....so ignore me.
good luck with it anyway mate its a nice raider.

r5gttraider

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 00:23, Tue 31 March 2009 »
na i do agree,but it goes to the top left other side of the bulk head, so im confussed unless its purely for looks, but yer it would be easier than painting

and cheers yer it needs a wash lol

and yes which is why i brought it!