Author Topic: understanding turbos  (Read 1762 times)

jonnyshaw49

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
understanding turbos
« on: 16:56, Tue 24 February 2009 »
hi please could some one explain to me please about turbos i just cant get my head round them is garrett a company that makes the turbos because most turbos say garrett on them or is that just the housing. also what is airesearch?? as some turbos just say airesearch and some say just garrett and some say both on them. also what is the a/r on the turbo for instance what does a/r 48 m27 mean??is a/r one of the sizes for the rear or something. on the t25 turbos for sale on here it says it has a 49 rear but has a/r 48 stamped on it. please help lol im baffled

owe

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 17:53, Tue 24 February 2009 »
m27 is the type of material used for the housing so doesnt really have any thing to do with wot its capable of an this shud tell u everything else
http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobyga ... enter.html
everybody needs to watch this film >>>>>endgame by alex jones

sonic-jdm

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 19:59, Tue 24 February 2009 »
Have a look on youtube. there is loads of videos on there showing you how they work :wink:

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 20:20, Tue 24 February 2009 »
It will have .49 stamped on the rear but the front is measured in the same way as well. Which if i remember on the T25, is in fact .48. I only know that there measured in that way, not sure how or why i haven't thought that much into it to be honest.

Garrett is short for Garrett AiResearch, i think they started out making turbochargers for aerospace applications.

More information can probably be found in Wikipedia no doubt.

owe

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 20:29, Tue 24 February 2009 »
everybody needs to watch this film >>>>>endgame by alex jones