Author Topic: Hello  (Read 3177 times)

denty225

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Hello
« on: 22:39, Wed 18 February 2009 »
Hello everyone, I'm Paul and I'm looking into buying another 5 GTT. Way back when these cars were common, mixing it up with Uno turbo's and fiesta RS's I had a tungstone 5. What a great car it was, I spent plenty on it and missed it loads when I sold it, even though I bought a Lancia Integrale!

Unfortunately my wife will not let me buy another Lancia, so I will have to find a sound 5 GTT to scratch my itch!

I was surprised to find a thriving 5 community as this nowadays. I was amember of the R5GTTOC back in the day, which I believe evolved into the RTOC.

I have spent the last 3 years in Megane 225's, buying a new 225 F1 Team which I loved loads. For some strange reason I sold that and bought an astra deisel :?  which is now laid up ion a vauxhall dealer waiting for a part. Just another nail in its coffin. It's going, and I need something fun.

So here I am, looking for info and folk who can help me find a GTT that I can use as everyday transport without the aid of the AA :lol:

Paul.

smithsgtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 22:42, Wed 18 February 2009 »
hi and welcome to the forum

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 00:42, Thu 19 February 2009 »
hi and welcome to the forum mate :D

owe

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 01:01, Thu 19 February 2009 »
welcome an best off luck, keep searchin autotrader an piston heads an im sure a gooden will turn up for you
everybody needs to watch this film >>>>>endgame by alex jones

denty225

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #4 on: 20:06, Wed 20 July 2011 »
Well, it's been 2 years since I started looking and I have finally bought another GT Turbo! I have seen lots come and go when I was'nt in a position to buy (anyone on here get that 100% original raider off ebay?) but I think I've landed a good one (fingers crossed!). 1988 electric blue :D , standard apart from wheels and spoiler same owner last 10 years, but dry stored for most of those.
I'm off to pick her up on saturday so will post some pics when, or if we make it home! Luckily it's only 180 miles away :shock:  Better ring RAC before sat, just in case :lol:

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:06, Thu 21 July 2011 »
Crikey thats a long time looking for a 5 , nice to hear uve got one now, get som pics up :D

denty225

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21:13, Thu 21 July 2011 »
Yeah it has taken a while :lol:  Luckily the practice of having one car soon proved the idea was flawed, so a cheap run about for me was needed. Only one thing for it then eh?
Getting giddy now, roll on saturday!

denty225

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:09, Sun 24 July 2011 »
Well managed to get her home yesterday, 250 mile trip. Temp was abit high but no signs of crap in the wrong places. Bloody thing refuses to start this morning though! Lots to do.