Author Topic: What's this??  (Read 6442 times)

fishead

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: 18:20, Tue 17 February 2009 »
Quote from: "Sy5"
Seen that GT Turbo Spares does a new engine loom - thinking i might buy one and replace the lot.

Si

very good investment in my opinion, i was very pleased with the results when i done mine.  :D

Sy5

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: 18:28, Tue 17 February 2009 »
Hoolio - you planning on keeping it that way?? Does it get driven very much??

Fishead - how complicated was it to replace bud?? Looking at all the wires it strikes me as a bit of a job!

Si

fishead

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: 18:35, Tue 17 February 2009 »
i found it easy, but then being an auto electrician as part of my job may help ! mine is also a lil different mate, i've cut some of mine out, extended parts of it an re-routed alot of it so it fits with all the other shit in it. i also spent alot of time protecting it an makin it look good

you know where i am mate

hoolio

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: 19:02, Tue 17 February 2009 »
Si, I bought it not long ago with very few miles on it. At the moment i'm waiting for the weather to improve so i can get it mot'd and then it'll be a summer"toy" so it'll not be getting too many miles on it though unlike the last few years it'll get used. I'm going to be keeping it totally standard though i shall be getting a spare set of speedlines with some decent rubber on so i can swop when i want to take it out for a play.

Sy5

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: 19:14, Tue 17 February 2009 »
Fishead - cheers for that mate may take you up on that!

Hollio - fair play will one day be worth a fortune in that condition, i have the uphill struggle of returning mine to as good a condition as is possible.

Si

hoolio

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: 19:46, Tue 17 February 2009 »
Hey I bought a mint one, I'm full of admiration for all you guys who even think about taking on and putting right.these cars, not sure I
 could do it.

Big Steve Raider

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
    • http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/BigSteveT/Raider/
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: 21:29, Tue 17 February 2009 »
Wiring loom replacement is a nice job becasue you have to follow the wires to take the old one out & it gets you used to where stuff is in the engine bay.

Like all jobs if you take your time you'll do it right!  :wink: