Author Topic: Morning - my Tungsten Grey R5!  (Read 3239 times)

Sy5

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Morning - my Tungsten Grey R5!
« on: 09:38, Sat 14 February 2009 »
Well i have sort of done things backwards - been all over the forum asking questions and advertising for wanted items but neglected to come in here and introduce myself!!!!

I recently bought this 1989 Tungsten Grey R5 having always wanted one when i was younger. THis particular car came up at (what i think!) was good money and seemed an opportunity not to be missed.

Its done 83 odd thousand miles and is generally very tidy, it has a bit of the usual rust around the windscreen however my intention is to take the screen out at some point remove the rust respray and then refit screen with nice new rubbers.

Other than that it wouldn't seem like there is any major work, my desire was always to own a standard example of this car so the seats are coming out and the rear lights coming off too.

Engine is standard other than a filter and DV and to be honest i think it will probably stay this way but we will see.

Loads of great info on here so i am sure i will be in and out quite a bit.

Here's some pics hope you like -

Si

r5gtt08

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 09:43, Sat 14 February 2009 »
hi m8y and welcome to the forum :wink:

like your tungy nice and standard  :wink:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
DONT KNOCK IT TIL YOU TRIED IT!!!!!!!!!

Sy5

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 09:46, Sat 14 February 2009 »
Cheers bud - well pleased with it, always wanted a standard R5 hence my quest to replace the lights and seats!

Looking forward to become a bit more of an active member on here.

Si

r5gtt08

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 09:50, Sat 14 February 2009 »
:lol:  so are your plans to just keep it original both the engine and bodywork  :?:

also if you dont mind me asking how much was it m8y :?:
DONT KNOCK IT TIL YOU TRIED IT!!!!!!!!!

raj

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=62
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 20:58, Sat 14 February 2009 »
sy5 im glad you mentioned your wanting to change the rear lights as they really do let the car down. other than that the car looks really nice mate.

std bodywork all the way. 8)
When its time to go,it really is time to gooooo

smithsgtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 21:25, Sat 14 February 2009 »
hi and welcome

mikebrfc

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 19:08, Mon 16 February 2009 »
im gonna say welcome but u where probably here first, nice car, want one myself, lookin doubtful, good luck with it anyway
keep the machinery between the greenery

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: 00:34, Tue 17 February 2009 »
hi and welcome to the forum mate  :D if you want rid of them lights mate id be happy to take them off your hands,just the side repeaters and the front dont like them rear light atall cheers mate,if i can get my hands on a good set of front indicators i will do a swap mines are a little faded,have a look at my posts in "your cars"and see my side repeaters are like new,give me a message and ill get some sorted im workin away just now but will be home in less than 2 weeks cheers baz