Author Topic: just got my car back from "the shop"  (Read 8646 times)

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: 16:57, Tue 10 February 2009 »
i spoke to the boy and told him i would kick the shit outa him and steel all his tools if he dident sort it out, he said he would drop the bits back down some time this week and when he gets a unit / place to spray hes going to hopefully sort all the bits that he managed to mess up,  so fingers crossed :)
My cars only as fast as the people pushing it

chillin... chillin....... chillin.........boooOOOOOOST

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: 07:06, Thu 12 February 2009 »
good news, i nicked some anti graphiti spray from work,  give it ago on my door cards and its took the over spray right off, as for the crappy paint job, i found this guy steve at xtreme kustoms (cf14 2jp) he id the paint for the skyline on the front of this months red line, so hopefully he can give me a proper new slick paint job, and make my 5 look factory fresh :)

dgdogz

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: 18:23, Fri 13 February 2009 »
this guy hwo ever he is needs a proper good beating...for thinking hes wide enough to do that to anyone is just a joke hes ruined a brilliant set of wheels what a dick i wouldnt have even let him speak...money back or sore face

my god i hate when people do things like that id be well guteed hope u get a new respray and i double hope its a real good one if u get it back and its a grade a job all the previous problems will go away!
:)

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: 22:25, Sat 14 February 2009 »
i dunno how much is air brushd cos i no the mags make em look a little bit better but this is the last thing to leave his shop

http://www.redlinemag.com/resources/red ... read06.jpg

i would say thats a good start to see things to come

fishead

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: 20:55, Sun 15 February 2009 »
wtf !!!!!!! seriously mate i'm not sure what to say but if that was my 5 i would be getting my money back with extra for compensation, or i an what happened next would be all over the front page of the next days news paper. i would do better than that with aerosol cans

get your money back, if you need help with fixing the paintwork properly, i can help

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: 22:40, Sun 15 February 2009 »
hes not pro sprayer, he works for the RAC and dose it out a garage on the side, its my own fault for trying to get it on the cheap, ive got (most) my bits back and its a bit of a mission to try and get in contact (although i have just seen him down a cruz)

tenby05 came over on the week end and let me have a go in his raider, he also made me realize that i was losing out on precious "turbo time" by leaving it on my drive (stripped) waiting to get the factory finish paint job, he also made me realize that the job dosent actually look that bad and at the end of the day its a r5 people wont be noticing the shitty paint job - ill be going to fast.

if i could get the shit bits touched up for cheap it would be cool, but again after driving his just up and down my road got me wet for it, ive started putting it all back together (with help from tenby05)

(sorry for the lengthy bit)

he also said that if i get it running and working i can drive it while i save up for the paint job, and the sprayer should do a good job of taking it all out and putting it back

the guy i have asked to spray my car again has a good portfolio and a few people have recommended

cant wait :)

rs250nut

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: 16:07, Tue 17 February 2009 »
Ive been in the trade for a long time now and its pricks like that who give us all a bad name, over spray on everything thats a proper school boy error how hard is it to throw a bit of sheet over said items. The thing it comes down to though is if you pay someone 800 nicker for a full re-paint your not going to get much of a job, your looking at the best part of 500 nicker in materials and thats not even using good paint. Dont worrie about the runs, if he has put 2 or more coats on you can flat them out a piece of piss, and the back of the bonnet you could piss with an arsehole can providing you prep it and mask it proper. Whats the finish like, is it peeley, if so give it a little tickle with some 1500-2000 and mop it up. As long as everything is covered its not to hard to put right unless there are proper big bits of shit in the paint. If you need any tips or what ever give me a shout.

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: 17:51, Tue 17 February 2009 »
the paint needs to harden a little bit, and i think he put a few coats on so i could flat back   :)  but i just wanna get it on the road specially before the summer comes round, the smell of petes raider (engine/cockpit) just reminded me of last year, windows down music at a reasonable level blasting round the streets in the sun loving every second of it and feeling good 8)  just gota learn from my mistakes take it on the chin and get on with shit - although i might see about getting some money back but ill wait till the boy moves into his new unit and hes got all his tools and things in :twisted:

rs250nut

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: 18:48, Tue 17 February 2009 »
Bollocks waiting for it to harden, it will be a proper bitch to polish if you leave it to long. Was it not baked off?

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: 19:22, Tue 17 February 2009 »
pete asked me the same thing, and na, just a heat burner, and it was done the same week we had the snow so it was cold as a polar bears arse i dunno what to do then, at the momet its not secure because only the passenger side of the car has glass in, this week ends im gonna try get the windscreen put back in and the rest of the glass, and then leave it out in the sun to try and harden, dunno what else to do relay, as this is my first experience with paint (on cars)

danboi2

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: just got my car back from "the shop"
« Reply #40 on: 23:26, Mon 19 October 2009 »
Does look like hes rushed it and thas no excuse when he said he would take his time on it and save you some money, total lack of prep work aswell. I took mine to a bloke named steave at xtremekustoms up in landaff only had a few things done but the work wasnt bad, but been told theres alot beter places in cardiff one being in barry behind the luxary car wash dunno what its called but supposed to be top work

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 12:31, Tue 20 October 2009 »
Quote from: "danboi2"
Does look like hes rushed it and thas no excuse when he said he would take his time on it and save you some money, total lack of prep work aswell. I took mine to a bloke named steave at xtremekustoms up in landaff only had a few things done but the work wasnt bad, but been told theres alot beter places in cardiff one being in barry behind the luxary car wash dunno what its called but supposed to be top work

yeh i went to see steve, he quted me like 1700 for a new spray, gunna take my raider to him definatly,

also u got a 5?? an where abouts u from?? nice one

danboi2

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 13:00, Tue 20 October 2009 »
Yea mate I own a r5 heres the link to mine
http://www.renault5gtturbo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5183
needs a bit of updating thou changed a few things since

And I live by merthyr tydfil

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 14:05, Tue 20 October 2009 »
fair play, u evea come down to cardiff?

danboi2

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 14:27, Tue 20 October 2009 »
yea I come down now and again was down there the other week for the big south wales cruise come say hello if you ever see me down there  :)