Author Topic: just got my car back from "the shop"  (Read 8653 times)

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: 17:02, Sat 07 February 2009 »
go round there and kick the s*** outta him thats not on hes made a complete arse of it,i would be spitting flames did it cost you a lot?

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: 17:32, Sat 07 February 2009 »
:oops:  800, it was gonna be a grand, but he said cos he had it so long he would drop the price, he seemed like he was doing a good job all the way, and putting the effort in, and then in the last 2 weeks just thought sod this i cant be arsed any more, me and the misses was just saying though, instead of worrying bout how shit the paint looks, just accept that there are some proper shistey cunts out there, replace all the bits he broke with new ones, get it mechanically sound and all, and then take it to a proper body shop and pay them to fix all the cosmetic problems, sayin that though, i am gunna go up to his yard tonight see if hes still up there or got any equipment i can reclaim my losses with  :oops:
My cars only as fast as the people pushing it

chillin... chillin....... chillin.........boooOOOOOOST

tenby05

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: 22:02, Sat 07 February 2009 »
soz pete :cry: , ovcourse ill help mate i will even help get ur money. were theres a will theres a way. :wink:  wats this guys name where he work now do u no. :?:
when do u want me to call over. :wink:

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: 22:46, Sat 07 February 2009 »
safe man, im gonna try and get the bits i need for next week end, have a bash at it then, tried to have a go today but i couldn't keep the bonnet open to connect the heater matrix back up but got 2 vexed thinking of all the problems,

and the kid works for the RAC, his mate rang me earlier to say he had lost his phone or summing and that's why he hadn't answered his phone, ill give it to monday and if he aint made the effort im gonna go see what i can reclaim, ill keep u posted though :)

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: 14:08, Sun 08 February 2009 »

thats as far as my passenger door will shut

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: 14:16, Sun 08 February 2009 »
What a mess, no offence it's not your fault.

What is the finish of the paint like on the car? It doesn't really matter about the inside because thats all going to be hidden anyway.

If the finish is ok then just clean up the trim and refit it, give the wheels a fresh lick of paint and already it will look much better. What problem are you having with the door? I can help i have changed a few.

That guy has really fucked you over!

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: 14:35, Sun 08 February 2009 »
yeh me and my bird have been looking over it, and the paint its self isn't that bad, there are loads of little bits i didn't take pictures of, but those are the major ones, but most of it is just the way its been put back together,

haven't got a clue whats wrong with he door, they were both sagging before quite bad, i brought new drop pins and the kid put them in, the drivers door closes perfect, but the passenger door just doesn't shut past a certain point, i cleaned the paint out the lock, had a look at the hinge and there doesn't seem to be a problem, any ideas ???

safe

r5gtt08

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: 14:57, Sun 08 February 2009 »
:o  :shock:  bloody hell m8 if that was me in your situation he would not be painting no more cars coz his hands would be missing  :!:

i feel sorry for you after spending that kinda money aswell

with any look and everyones help on here i am sure it will be back together in no time

cant beleive the overspray on the wheels you do know they are worth a pretty penny ( mine stand me 350 that was buying them/painting them/and 4 new tyres)

keep us posted on your proggress  :wink:
DONT KNOCK IT TIL YOU TRIED IT!!!!!!!!!

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: 16:20, Sun 08 February 2009 »
Quote from: "small_all@hotmail.com"
yeh me and my bird have been looking over it, and the paint its self isn't that bad, there are loads of little bits i didn't take pictures of, but those are the major ones, but most of it is just the way its been put back together,

haven't got a clue whats wrong with he door, they were both sagging before quite bad, i brought new drop pins and the kid put them in, the drivers door closes perfect, but the passenger door just doesn't shut past a certain point, i cleaned the paint out the lock, had a look at the hinge and there doesn't seem to be a problem, any ideas ???

safe

Is it the lock that's stopping the door from closing? Try adjusting the pin on the body of the car if it is. It's just a case of loosening it and moving it around then re-tightening it.

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: 18:08, Sun 08 February 2009 »
ill give it ago tomorow after work, weathers proper crappy at the monnet,

saaaafe

tenby05

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: 21:05, Sun 08 February 2009 »
get all ur bits together then i will pop over on the weekend bro an we will have a crack at it :wink:  whats ur number mate the one i got dont work.

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: 21:55, Sun 08 February 2009 »
What a joker. That guys proper let you down.
But as Ash said you could get a fair bit of it sorted out easily.
What about the pink door cards though, thats dissapointing  :(
Good luck to ya mate.

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: 23:56, Sun 08 February 2009 »
Quote from: "scratcher"
What a joker. That guys proper let you down.
But as Ash said you could get a fair bit of it sorted out easily.
What about the pink door cards though, thats dissapointing  :(
Good luck to ya mate.

Give them a good wiping over with some soapy water. I'm sure overspray isn't going to bond very well to fabric.

Or maybe i'm wrong, but it's worth a shot it isn't going to cost you anything.

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: 19:03, Mon 09 February 2009 »
Quote from: "tenby05"
get all your bits together then i will pop over on the weekend bro an we will have a crack at it :wink:  whats your number mate the one i got don't work.

safe Pete ill pm u my new number now, try and get all my bits out the garage and all i order

and ill try and get the pink door cards back to normal and also have a look at the lock and other bodge jobs to, my only problem is because i didn't take it apart i don't no how it went, and if i knew i was gonna have to be putting it back together then i would have stuck around to it my self

nice one guys  :D

tenby05

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: 19:17, Mon 09 February 2009 »
ok safe we will sort it we got loads of help from peeps of here :lol: