Author Topic: Whats better fixed bucket seats or reclining bucket seats.  (Read 2589 times)

PJ25

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
Whats better fixed bucket seats or reclining bucket seats.
« on: 18:28, Mon 02 February 2009 »
HI guys just wanted your opinion on what you think is better either fixed bucket seats of the reclining bucket seats.

The main reason is most people seem to go for fixed bucket seats as they do look really nice and have the real race look and feel but i also like the advantage of reclining seats as you can always alter how you sit.

I have some cheap reclining buckets and i think they have a nice feel to them and i am in two minds on whether to get rid and buy some nice fixed bucket seats e.g. cobra monaco s seats or to get my seats retrimmed in a nice blue and black leather so that they will look great i would prefer to get them recovered as it may be cheaper but the main reason is i want leather seats and you cant buy monaco s in leather or any fixed buckets in my price range as then i would be tempted to get them recovered anyway.

thanks for any help just want your opinions guys.

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 18:32, Mon 02 February 2009 »
I'm in the same boat, deciding between fixed or reclining.
Its all down to taste and comfort mate. With fixed ones you could have subfames made up with a comfortable tilt and get the racer look.
And it depends if you're keeping the back seats in?

PJ25

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 18:44, Mon 02 February 2009 »
i have no back seats all taken out my full sound system and hopefully roll cage are goin in the back and i run 4 point harnesses that will be going to the boot brace when i get it and fit it.

Big Steve Raider

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
    • http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/BigSteveT/Raider/
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 17:53, Wed 04 February 2009 »
You need to decide what you want the seats for??

If you're looking to track-day your car then get some fixed back seats so you can use the proper harnesses & the seat is rigid.

If you just want the race look & aren't really interested in doing track days/Harnesses then get the recliners.

They're as different as chalk & cheese to be honest!

I bought a pair of Magnum fixed back seats & think theyre really comfortable & would recommend them to anyone!! You have to ask yourself how many times do you adjust your seating position once you've set it??