Author Topic: spraying  (Read 2332 times)

JK

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
spraying
« on: 14:35, Sun 25 January 2009 »
ok guys my front bumper is forever getting worse with it being so low stone chips are becoming large gaps in the paintwork :(  Went to a local spray shop the other day and they quoted me 220 plus vat for the front bumper in pearly white, this included smoothing the red line strip.

Basically i wondered how this price faired up with anyone else thats had paintwork done recently?  :oops:

I was also thinking perhaps to just get hold of a phase 2 bumper and get that sprayed up.. do you think i should keep it all phase 1? I just love the lip on the front of the phase 2 bumper... :)  descisions descisions

Just thought i'd mention this cos its funny, we all get stupid comments from people about our 5's and how rare they are, yesterday a guy asked me "is it real?"....
 :lol:  i just couldn't stop laughing at the guy... should have told him to pinch himself  :wink:
I got 5 on it..

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 14:40, Sun 25 January 2009 »
I had the bumper sprayed on my KA (thaks to Hartwell Ford for the scrape  :evil: ) which is in 4 parts and it was 190
Don't smooth the red strips man. They keep it orriginal.

But if you do I'd gladly have them from you  :P

pebbles

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 15:19, Sun 25 January 2009 »
If you weren't so far from me i could get it done a lot cheaper for you! Unless you could get it to the midlands?

Keep it looking original dude!

axnutty

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 20:09, Sun 25 January 2009 »
Phase 1 OE spec.  Dont change it. If you want a Ph 2 car, buy a ph 2 car.

I'd give it a go yourself at that price.  Ive got to respray 2 bumpers, a rear arch and a grill.  I'm going to have to do it myself as well. :shock:  :?

JK

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 20:52, Sun 25 January 2009 »
i see wat you guys think, good call i ll stick to my original bumper, but i dunno about doing it myself, i've never sprayed before plus i got no compressor. :cry:

so you reckon keep the red strip or not? just think it'd llook a bit dbetter without it, dunno tho  :?
I got 5 on it..

r5gtt08

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 22:11, Sun 25 January 2009 »
same here m8y keep it original  :lol:

and if u were up here in the north-east i would have done it for bout half that price for you bud :lol:

shame your miles away
DONT KNOCK IT TIL YOU TRIED IT!!!!!!!!!

JK

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 11:57, Tue 27 January 2009 »
cool, i'll keep it totally standard then... just a shame i live so far away on this tiny penincula :cry:
I got 5 on it..

pebbles

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: 19:35, Tue 27 January 2009 »
will look wank if done with aerosol dude  :shock:

jonnyshaw49

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: 20:47, Tue 27 January 2009 »
i got quoted 150 for prep smooth and spray of front bumper from bodyshockers aka blacktop customs think he has a website on the net hes crazy for body jobs if anyone wants a custom job doing hes the man

JK

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: 09:39, Wed 28 January 2009 »
Quote from: "pebbles"
will look wank if done with aerosol dude  :shock:

:lol: dont worry matey i might live in cornwall, but i ain't cornish  :lol: need to get it done but everythings so over priced down here compared to up were you guy's are :cry:

want the outside of the 5 looking better for run to the sun 8) .... thats if i make it round without grinding on the bumps :wink:
I got 5 on it..