Author Topic: Hot start problem - fan not kicking in for long  (Read 2813 times)

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: 16:20, Wed 28 January 2009 »
Quote from: "NickG"
Hi James,

Funnily enough I'm just in the process of putting my anti perc fan back on and putting the engine back to how it was originally.

Have you taken yours off yet? If not, please could you tell me where the wires from the fan, the sensor under the carb and the sensor that is dangling where the turbo heat shield should be? Also where do the wires from the solenoid valve go?!

I'm having trouble finding this information, haynes manual seems to have it's wires crossed so to speak! The way it shows it doesn't make sense, and it doesn't show the turbo heat shield sensor or the solenoid valve.

:shock:  :?:  :?

Nick

The wiring and relay for the anti-perc fan should be behind the drivers side headlight, the wiring for the sensors should be clipped somewhere along the bulkhead.

Worst case scenario is that the wirings been chopped out.  :(

NickG

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: 20:19, Wed 28 January 2009 »
It's been taken out on mine!  :cry:

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: 16:59, Thu 29 January 2009 »
Brand new under bonnet wiring looms are available, unless you want to try and decipher the wiring diagrams in the back of the haynes manuel.

There not even diagrams in my opinion, they just tell you the colour, thickness and code of what wire connects what. It doesn't give you any real indication of where the wire is or what part of the loom it runs in and on top of that there split across about 10 pages.

NickG

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: 17:39, Thu 29 January 2009 »
I can't make head nor tail of the ones in haynes, I'm convinced they're wrong!