Author Topic: my '86 restoration - keeping the dream alive (09/10/2010)  (Read 99706 times)

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: my '86 restoration - keeping the dream alive (09/10/2010)
« Reply #285 on: 23:35, Fri 04 February 2011 »
Quote from: "Chadster"
Crackig thread you have on the go here bud.... where did you get your rear lights from please mate as i would like to lose my reverse

whats the current siituation on the car

The rear light is from the euro R5s. They have the reverse light/foglight on the opposite sides. So one euro light and one uk light gives you 2 foglights.  8)

EDIT - Unless there tinted......like i've just read above.  :lol:

Chadster

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 23:36, Fri 04 February 2011 »
oh right that sounds like a fair swap lol i will get on internet and track one down then:)

liking those standard renualt rims

jimmy_b

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 23:48, Fri 04 February 2011 »

both together

James5

• Test
  • Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 10:37, Sat 05 February 2011 »
Looking very good James, how you finding the 182?

jimmy_b

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 16:48, Sat 05 February 2011 »
lovin the 182 so far.handles loads better than the old 5 ever did but then it used to suffer from bump steer,and its like a roller to drive compaired to the rawness of the 5 lol

Chadster

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 17:19, Sat 05 February 2011 »
Quote from: "Ash-Lee"
Quote from: "Chadster"
Crackig thread you have on the go here bud.... where did you get your rear lights from please mate as i would like to lose my reverse

whats the current siituation on the car

The rear light is from the euro R5s. They have the reverse light/foglight on the opposite sides. So one euro light and one uk light gives you 2 foglights.  8)

EDIT - Unless there tinted......like i've just read above.  :lol:

yea i found a pair on ebay that im watching, think they 15 pound atm

Ruske

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/RuskeCRO
« Reply #291 on: 17:56, Sat 05 February 2011 »
oh nooooooo, you sold it :(

it was IMHO one of the best 5s here...

shame, but at least you've got a nice 182...

xenon

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 09:29, Wed 09 February 2011 »
en espérant voir son futur propriétaire s'inscrire ici ou sur RTOC , pour voir les évolutions , ou tout simplement pour là voir sous d'autre photo !

while hoping to see its future owner being registered here or on RTOC, to see the evolutions, or quite simply for seeing there under other photograph!
 8)
petit , mais costaud !!!
le GT français !!!!

BLUE85GT

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 13:39, Thu 04 August 2011 »
:D Hi people!,I dont know many of you on here at the mo but hopefuly will get to know you all along the way. This message is mainly for james butterworth aka jimmyb as i  would like to make conact with the builder of my new pride n joy, And to let any followers of this car know that he is in good hands and is now undergoing even more restoration work to bring him back to his former glory!!. will keep you all posted pics on way asap, best regards new owner Dean.
KEEPIN IT RETRO !!

James5

• Test
  • Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 14:18, Thu 04 August 2011 »
Quote from: "BLUE85GT"
:D Hi people!,I dont know many of you on here at the mo but hopefuly will get to know you all along the way. This message is mainly for james butterworth aka jimmyb as i  would like to make conact with the builder of my new pride n joy, And to let any followers of this car know that he is in good hands and is now undergoing even more restoration work to bring him back to his former glory!!. will keep you all posted pics on way asap, best regards new owner Dean.

Welcome to the forum Dean, lovely car you have there as you say just needed some love and attention to the exterior to make perfect.  Get a thread up and some pic's when you get a chance

BLUE85GT

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 14:47, Thu 04 August 2011 »
Quote from: "James5"

Welcome to the forum Dean, lovely car you have there as you say just needed some love and attention to the exterior to make perfect.  Get a thread up and some pic's when you get a chance
Thanxs mate wanted one of these for years,well happy to have one with as much history as this!!, Thanx again thread coming soon!
KEEPIN IT RETRO !!

James5

• Test
  • Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 14:53, Thu 04 August 2011 »
Quote from: "James5"

Thanxs mate wanted one of these for years,well happy to have one with as much history as this!!, Thanx again thread coming soon!

I take it the car still has the VNT :mrgreen:  awesome turbo what ever you do never get rid of that turbo very rare and ultimate turbo for the 5 gtt.  Although if you ever get strapped for cash that turbo aslong as in good working condition should get you £400 - £450

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 15:10, Thu 04 August 2011 »
welcome   :mrgreen:

havent seen this car in a while, good to see it back in the hands of a loving owner.  good luck with it and keep us posted with your progress!!

p.s if you ever fancy selling the turbo....... First Dibs 8)

BLUE85GT

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 18:50, Thu 04 August 2011 »
cheers for replies peeps, will defo keep you all updated on the project. At the moment i have taken out the front and rear screens to get at all the rust under the seals, The front was a lot worse than the rear as expected, also smoothed the remaining holes in boot where rear wiper was as it only had rubber bungs in it and had started to rott aswell, not bad so cleaned it all up and welded a small plate behind the holes. Door cards have also had a facelift keeping the original renault shape and handle location but now made from mdf and fiberglass as im putting some 3way Focal Components in the front doors and the old cards had seen better days and where not worthy of trimming so new ones had to be handmade. All the rear has been stripped out apart from the seats and i have started on a boot build to hold a P3 Rockford Fosgate but trying to keep weight to a minimum. Well will be back soon loads of plans, got photos will load some soon!! :mrgreen:
KEEPIN IT RETRO !!

sparkysparks

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 19:09, Thu 04 August 2011 »
Whereabouts in beds are you?