Author Topic: Floods  (Read 1907 times)

Tom@SimplyAutomotive

• Trusted Trader
  • 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Floods
« on: 16:16, Mon 15 December 2008 »
Just thought id tell my story about the other night when i was going for a drive.

I started off at about 11pm and was taking it easy to let the car warm up. 2 miles down the road i am faced with a big flood  :o I started to drive through it at about 2 mph..got out of it everything was fine.

Drove about a mile down the road where there was a round about, went round the roundabout and up the duel carriage way.

I thought i would open it up a bit as i was going up a hill, so put my foot down and suddenly the battery light comes on and the temperature was rising, i thought it must just be the water in the engine bay causing an electrical fault. However the temperature was still rising and soon it was at its MAX  :shock:

Pulled over straight away and switched it off. Lifted the bonnet and to my surprise the fan belt was gone. I was glad it was just that and nothing major.

I went to the boot to get the spare belt and some tools but i left my tools in my garage earlier that day... :x

I was stuck, it was about 11.30pm and no one was on the road.

After about half an hour a car started to pull in behind me with blue flashing lights. It was the Police.

Walked over to the police car and he said that i was on a dangerous part of the duel carriage way, i had pulled in just after a bend!

He said if i dont get the car moved quick he will have to get it towed away.  :shock:

I said to him irl have to chance it and drive up the road abit and pull in some where safe. Jumped in the car, put the key in the ignition and ... nothing. The battery had gone due to having my indicators and lights on for about and hour.  :x  :x

Got out and told the policeman and he said he would have to call for backup.

So they shut the duel carriageway off so that i could roll down the hill and into the layby next to the round about.

The police then dropped me home and left.

I got my brother and some tools together and drove my focus up to where i left the r5. Changed the fan belt and jumped started it off my focus and went home.

What a night!   :)

Mattuce

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 16:24, Mon 15 December 2008 »
Sounds like a bad night to me!

Bet you've got a spare belt and tools in your boot now  :P

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 16:28, Mon 15 December 2008 »
Blimey & i thought i had bad luck..lol.

Glad it ended ok though.

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=34
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 16:28, Mon 15 December 2008 »
Not good Tom, hows the car doing now??

orange.1829

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 17:44, Mon 15 December 2008 »
did the same on my five got really hot but was ok. i didnt have a belt with me just about got home. now i allways have one with me.

pebbles

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 18:59, Mon 15 December 2008 »
bad times

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 19:04, Mon 15 December 2008 »
My belt popped off the other week as well.  :(

You, like me, will know better then to dismiss the battery light as an electrical gremlin from now on.  :lol:

Tom@SimplyAutomotive

• Trusted Trader
  • 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: 15:39, Tue 16 December 2008 »
Quote from: "Jame5_GTT"

Its ok now, jus need to sort out the overfueling OR turn the boost up to use the extra fuel instaed of it being wasted.  :)

Mattuce

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: 15:59, Tue 16 December 2008 »
Quote from: "TOMS-GTT"

Its ok now, jus need to sort out the overfueling OR turn the boost up to use the extra fuel instaed of it being wasted.  :)

Sounds like a no brainer..  :twisted:

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: 18:17, Tue 16 December 2008 »
Quote from: "Mattuce"
Quote from: "TOMS-GTT"

Sounds like a no brainer..  :twisted:

Yeah, wind the boost up.
And how lucky you caught the problem before it went too far. After reading all these stories I think I'll have to get myself a spare belt  :)