Author Topic: Bumped!  (Read 1877 times)

cavsri130

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Bumped!
« on: 15:23, Fri 12 December 2008 »
a boy i know has a raider, which was in a very sorry state and not seen the road for about 5 years. he got a j plate one with flip glitter paint. the piston rings were gone but as his car had been robbed he was going to take all the bits off and scrap it. so i said id swap the bits over and mot his car in return for the glitter one.
half way through the job i realised the raider gearbox was knackered so he said i had to give him the one out of the glitter one. not impressed with that i said id give him it.
the glitter one had a wrecked engine, no mot or tax and been a right off about 10 yrs ago so now had no gearbox as well.
i put all new brake pipes, fuel pipes, sorted his brakes, rewired all the front lights and engine bay, a bit of welding a mot'd it for him
then he started saying i hadnt changed this and that that he wanted but he never mentioned this before and the deal was off, well last night the wife phoned to ask if id shifted the car at which point i got a text message saying he took the car back. i was ripping! he borke into it and stole it from my house, i never told him where i stayed either!
but what can i do, it wasnt registered in my name and if he is the sort to do that what else will he do?
i recon this was his plan the whole time to get the work done and take it back

a waste of about 16 hours work and 60-70!!

and no 5 to show for it either!
IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT!

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 16:14, Fri 12 December 2008 »
Not that the forum condones this but 'paint stripper' springs to mind ;)

Either that or just forget it & put it down to experience.

bigben

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 19:59, Fri 12 December 2008 »
a few heafty mates does the trick or pay a local scrote a few fags to go and get you both of them lol

dgdogz

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 20:46, Fri 12 December 2008 »
a knok on the ********************************** for him

sounds like he thinks hes a bit of a wideo....who need to be brought down peg or 2.

:twisted:

Edited by 5teve L (mod)
Can't really put that on an open forum, even if we think it ;)

mat_pithers

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 22:19, Fri 12 December 2008 »
Edited by me 5teve L

can't say that sort of thing really.. a bit to far.
baysidecustoms body shop tell: 01227372868

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 23:44, Fri 12 December 2008 »
Quote from: "mat_pithers"
EDITED

:shock:  mate, thats crazy. but its what we'd all be thinking.
i like the paint stripper idea. or take a few big lads round and get it back.

robbo2g

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 00:14, Sat 13 December 2008 »
He sounds like a dodgy twat so he prob has a few enemys.Let it all blow over then wait until he has something nice in a few years and destroy it then put a mask on and *********** him one night.

Its not worth a war over it.If you do him properly even if he suspects it might have been you he wont come back for more trust me.Atleast you have gained a bit of experience working on the car maybe and learned not to trust anyone.

cavsri130

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: 08:25, Sat 13 December 2008 »
he had the hard neck to text me last night demanding the keys for it, but the way he is if i wreck both the cars then he will just come and get mine and the wifes cars, ive got kids so dont want trouble at the house.

way forward is to give him the keys and let it blow over, let him laugh and glote until he thinks he is away with it.

everyone i speak to about it wants a piece of him now so i may not even have to get my hands dirty!

leaves a very bad taste in the mouth tho
IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT!

dgdogz

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: 09:03, Sat 13 December 2008 »
qwik add to this if i was you
id go quick and copy the keys
so that if in any event you wanna follow it up by gettin the car back you can

or just hand them over to the friendler car thief for a couple of quid

that works btw

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: 18:13, Sat 13 December 2008 »
Quote from: "cavsri130"
he had the hard neck to text me last night demanding the keys for it, but the way he is if i wreck both the cars then he will just come and get mine and the wifes cars, ive got kids so dont want trouble at the house.

way forward is to give him the keys and let it blow over, let him laugh and glote until he thinks he is away with it.

everyone i speak to about it wants a piece of him now so i may not even have to get my hands dirty!

leaves a very bad taste in the mouth tho

Good man & very wise if you have kids etc.
No more posts about what you'd do to him please, this is an open forum & we don't want that sort of thing on here... even if we do all think it  :twisted:  :twisted:

I've edited posts....