Author Topic: best mods for torque and bhp??  (Read 1229 times)

jonnyshaw49

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
best mods for torque and bhp??
« on: 16:53, Wed 26 November 2008 »
hi everyone just wondering what are the best engine mods to improve torque eg bigger bores, stroke lengths and best engine mods for improving bhp?? what mods can anyone advise and whos supplies them eg best cams, verniers etc??  to improve torque and bhp so my r5 can waste some of the faster cars about. the r5 has a fairly high power to weight ratio and torque to weight ratio that can be seen on this web page http://www.fasthatchbacks.com/powertorque.php but what can we do to make significant changes??

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 17:23, Wed 26 November 2008 »
Depends on what you are using the car for...

A decent cam will help, bigger turbo to suit the cam, time the cam in early foe more low down torque to get the turbo spinning quicker, higher the compression if you aren't using big boost.
Or big turbo, decent cam, time it in late & rev to 8k.

My old spec made over 200lbft & then i went slightly higher comp & it was deffo more revvy low down, never did get it back on the rollers :(

jonnyshaw49

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 17:32, Wed 26 November 2008 »
i just want a fast accelerating car up to bout 80 mph for sliproad races, 0-60s standing starts but also a car good through the gears on the back roads, i have alot of mates driving faster cars eg astra gsi, 206 gti 180, evo fq400, mini gp, c2 gt extremely modded by frenchsport tuning and i just want to beat at least one :cry: lol so mines not the slowest,.i havnt had a proper race with the gsi or 206 but should be close

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 21:25, Wed 26 November 2008 »
Sort the fueling &  stick a T2/25 hybrid on, that should be good for 18psi & 170-180 bhp.
T25's are good but they really need to be run @ high boost to feel fast :)

r5matt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.renault5gtturbo.co.uk
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 12:07, Fri 28 November 2008 »
i run a bb engine hybrid t25 stage 3 pace cooler and a few redirected pipes n i push them silly 206 gtis, civics n mr2 turbos out the way ok my mate in his mr2 catches back up to me at 120 but for a 1400cc doin 120 WTF lol        :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: