Author Topic: Fastest Car?  (Read 5595 times)

TNE Gho$tRideR

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 16:31, Fri 21 November 2008 »
I have owned a Punto Gt and 2 Renault 5's. I would deffo say both my R5's would of pissed on the Punto all day long. (Oh yeah, my punto was 175 Bhp, so its not a case that it was'nt modified.)

Out of all the cars though, I would say Pug 205 for track days and the R5 for the Drag strip, hillclimb and around town 8)
IF ITS NOT 12 SECONDS OR LESS.........................................................................................................I AIN\'T INTERESTED \";)\"

Gtturbo2008

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: 17:06, Fri 21 November 2008 »
in standard form and all cars running perfect in a straight line the 5 will beat all of them to 60 the 205 may creep past overr 70-80 mind i have had a 205 1.9 and the top end is deffo better than a standard 5. but the 5 is so easy to tune strapping the ic and upping the boost will put the 5 in another league all together, the punto can alsos be tuned but the power to weight will never match the 5, ie a 5 running 180bhp and a punto running 180bhp the 5 will win. straight up power wise the 5 is by far the best bang for buck and so much easyer to tune.

handling wise this is where the 5 falls victim to the 205. the 205 does handle amazinly on a  track but on normal roads we use the 5 is where its so much more fun than my old 205! understeer just adds to the fun! makes the car feel scary  :lol:  the 205 gti is a drivers car for the likes of jeremy clarkson who want a car to  be perfect in everyway and argue stupid little things that makes the car better, the 5 is a proper hardcore drivers car straight up raw and rugged you have to tame the little beast not for the farts who are scared of a bit of understerr its harder to drive a 5 hard than any of thoose cars the five will give you big smiles and brown stains in your pants its its a little animal anyone who says they are shit simply cant handle them  :lol:

TNE Gho$tRideR

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18:01, Fri 21 November 2008 »
Well said  8)
IF ITS NOT 12 SECONDS OR LESS.........................................................................................................I AIN\'T INTERESTED \";)\"

gjb0535

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: 10:20, Sat 22 November 2008 »
If owned a couple of 205 gtis in the past.

As std (R5 and 205) the 205 is a far better handling car apart from the lift off oversteer which can be pretty brutal.

My mates 309gti was far easier to control. I think the rear beam on the 309 is diffent from the 205. Ive heard they can be fitted to 205s.

On the track the 205 is far better at going round the corners. My suspension is modified though albeit it was done using second hand uprated shocks springs etc. After the year I am going to fit a brand new suspension kit and polybush the front end and fit decent tyres.

The rear beam has already been lowered previously by about 40mm.

Hopefully once this is all done will I be able to give the 205s a good run on the track.

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: 12:52, Sat 22 November 2008 »
Quote from: "gjb0535"
My mates 309gti was far easier to control. I think the rear beam on the 309 is diffent from the 205. Ive heard they can be fitted to 205s.

They can be fitted, they give a wider track on the rear. If i remember correctly they might have a larger anti-roll bar fitted aswell.

Lift off oversteer is fun on wet rounderbouts, a bit pant staining on the road when your not expecting it.