Author Topic: The day i had yesterday !  (Read 3804 times)

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
The day i had yesterday !
« on: 15:25, Tue 11 November 2008 »
Started out by pi55ing down with rain so no worky, then i decided that we'd make use of the day by looking at a new car for the wife, i'm in Sussex, cars near Slough, just off the M4 to be exact.

We head off, the wife, my little boy & me, motorway not too bad etc for once so we get there in good time, bloody wet though.

Have a look round the car, slight oil leak & 2 near bald tyres, result me thinks as i can knock the guy down (car was up for 2225 & i got it down to 1850) All good i'm thinking.......

This is where it get's interesting for those still with me :)

We set off home, the wife in my car & me in the ZR as i'm insured for any car, we come to the last roundabout on the M4 to hit the 25 & yep, you guessed it, we get split up, i wait on the hard shoulder just round the rounabout only to see the wife dissapear off to Heathrow, crap   i'm thinking, so i'm in the car, screaming NOOOOOO (yes i was actually shouting that & continued to do so for quite a while) & then it gets worse, my mobile is in MY car so no way of comunication!

I wait for a bit & then start to panic, reverse up a little & get back round the roundabout & head off into Heathrow myself, no sign, more panic. So i head back to the garage so i can use there phone, except i can remember 2 numbers, mine & my old bosses, i give the boss a quick call to see if on the off chance they have her number, yes, wahey, panic over... except it's her old number , crap!

So i ring my phone, no answer, i try 20 times, still nothing, now i'm really panicing as i know the wife has no idea of where she is, i gave her advice if we got lost to look for M25 S signs & then M23 S signs but since she'd headed off into the terminals ......

All this & i've got no & the car needs petrol !

Luckily the garage stuck a squirt in for me, i give one last try on the mobile & get an answer... can't talk now i'm driving she says  Err yeah but Where TF are you, i'm 25 miles from Gatwick she says  :lol:  well the relief i can tell you... & we had to get back to pick up my daughter from school, luckily the wife sorted that but we also had to get back to pick up my brother & his boy to go to the O2 arena, was supposed to leave at 4pm, accident on the M25 & i get back at 330pm & back out the door back onto the M25 the other way up to Dartford !!

Bloody long day for me!

turbonick84

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 15:39, Tue 11 November 2008 »
Tell me about it,

I had a glass of Robinsons orange after work yesterday and i put slightly too much orange in, basically turning the liquid to syrup and really spoiling the experience for me...so you're not alone my friend, you're not alone.

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 15:42, Tue 11 November 2008 »
Erm ok, runs & hides from the strange person.....  :lol:

dgdogz

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 16:02, Tue 11 November 2008 »
my god what a nytmare
glad to see im not the only one who has a bit of madness now and again
hahaha

smudger

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://smudger.fotopic.net
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 16:48, Tue 11 November 2008 »
What a f*****g carry on mate. Lucky the petrol station shouted you some fuel. I know the ones round here wouldn't do something like that.

And lol at Turbonick u need some sort of mental assesment mate  :lol:

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 17:20, Tue 11 November 2008 »
i see where nick is coming from though. i can ruin your day if you don't get the mix just so.

what a touch with the petrol shop, most places would tell you to jog.

''can't talk now i'm driving she says''
haha, joker!!

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 17:38, Tue 11 November 2008 »
Nah it was the garage i bought the car from, they had a jerry can... still good of them though.

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: 17:43, Tue 11 November 2008 »
Quote from: "turbonick84"
Tell me about it,

I had a glass of Robinsons orange after work yesterday and i put slightly too much orange in, basically turning the liquid to syrup and really spoiling the experience for me...so you're not alone my friend, you're not alone.

Oh christ!

I fully understand, too rich a mixture can fur your mouth up and leave you feeling more thirsty then before.

Steve!

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: 17:45, Tue 11 November 2008 »
It's always best to have "Not enough" juice to water ratio than "to much"  :lol:
to Big to Big, will find another soon!!!

turbonick84

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: 20:08, Tue 11 November 2008 »
Its good to know that we can share our problems lads, thanks 5teve for opening the floodgates.  I am slowly learning to be less liberal with the OJ, but these things take time...

gaz

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: 01:47, Wed 12 November 2008 »
:shock:  :shock:  :oops:  :oops: wot a nitemare!!! :roll:

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: 09:05, Wed 12 November 2008 »
Yeah, i can see just how much getting the ratio of squash to water compares to my day  :lol:   :twisted:

Mattuce

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: 09:36, Thu 13 November 2008 »
Reminds me of my brother.

Going to Bluewater.

Come through the tolls, its literally your first left out of them.

He had to go 60 miles to get back to there!

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: 13:42, Mon 17 November 2008 »
Lol, i always used to miss the Southend turn on the 25 as well when i used to follow my brother over there, he'd always seem to speed off just before & i'd miss the bloody thing!

LEE

• Administrator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.renault5gtturbo.com
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: 17:33, Mon 17 November 2008 »
Did you buy an MG ZR ?? I got the MGRover Dealer manual if you would like it !! Saved me a few quid when something needed doing with the Rover Coupe !!
Site Administrator