Author Topic: Rolling Road  (Read 1204 times)

puggingalong

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
Rolling Road
« on: 12:03, Mon 27 October 2008 »
Hi

As I am near Windsor and West London area. Do u guys know of a rolling road place that would be reachable for me to get my car tuned on the rolling road on?. I would prefer to go to a place that comes recommended and then at least hopefully be dealing with people that know how to tune a R5. Appreciate any feedback. :D

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 14:56, Mon 27 October 2008 »
There aren't many, if any places that know R5's AFAIK.
If it was just a power run i'd say Track & Road in Rainham as they are very accurate.... As for jetting etc well thats a whole different ball game..

puggingalong

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 16:00, Mon 27 October 2008 »
ok. I feel that I am getting around 15 to 20mpg at best since I had my carb jetted. I see my tailpipe is now black and get loads of carbon kicking out the back. I am not running anymore than 14psi if even that. I was hoping to get the car on a rolling road so that someone could set it up properly to give me the best out of it. Otherwise the car pulls, drives and idles fine. Any advise on where I should go with this?.
I myself would not even be able to find or get the jets out. I did see the jets were removed and just opened up a touch by turning small drill bits in there by hand by Colin AKA The Master.

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 19:37, Mon 27 October 2008 »
If you seriously don't want anymore than 14 psi out of the car then standard jetting would prob be fine TBH (or very lose to it, maybe drop the A/C jet a little).
If you are willing to travel down to me i will look at the carb for you...
PM me for my address & phone number...
ATB
Steve