Author Topic: new mini's  (Read 6901 times)

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
new mini's
« on: 18:33, Sun 17 August 2008 »
has anyone worked on one of the new mini's yet?
i've just finished puting an induction kit on my girlfriends cooper s and it was the biggest mission ever. i put it all in, started it up and it was well lumpy, turned it off, turned it on and it ran fine but with the engine managment light on, turned it off and on again and now its fine.
actually made a noticable difference. and sounds miles better too.
she's just bought an exhaust, think its cat-back so i'll have to fit it for her. anyone know of any problems i'm likely to run into?

smudger

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://smudger.fotopic.net
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 18:58, Sun 17 August 2008 »
If it's anything my Focus RS mate fitting aftermarket bolt on mods will mean removing the battery.

Every time I fitted a mod I had to take the positive off the battery leave it 20 mins and then reconnect which put the ECU into learn mode and therefore let the mods bed in. Did this for my Cat back exhaust, sports cat and induction it (K&N). I would advise you to do the same when fitting mods like this to any modern car.  

Hope this helps.

Smudger

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 21:18, Sun 17 August 2008 »
yeah, thats great man. i've never done anything on a newer car before cos my ka is under warranty so i can't touch it for another year :(
have you still got your rs? thats what i want for my next car, i'd better start saving, haha.

smudger

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 23:13, Sun 17 August 2008 »
Quote from: "scratcher"
yeah, thats great man. i've never done anything on a newer car before cos my ka is under warranty so i can't touch it for another year :(
have you still got your rs? thats what i want for my next car, i'd better start saving, haha.

Yeah still got the RS. It lives in my parents garage and only comes out during the summer months. Will post some pics if ure interested. Mines a 53 plate with only 18k on it running about 270bhp.

Smudger

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 00:32, Mon 18 August 2008 »
yeah, get some pics up man. i love my fords.
have you seen the focus rs in the latest performance ford? its so clean!
and theres more info on the new rs too. i sill prefere the old one.

smudger

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 00:40, Mon 18 August 2008 »
The new RS is going to made in mass numbers whereas there were only ever 4501 original Focus RS's made. I am reserving judgement until it comes out and I see it in the flesh and have a drive.

[/img]

Mattuce

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 09:20, Mon 18 August 2008 »
I bet that goes like a rocket!

Looks mint.

Can see why it comes out in the summer!

smudger

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: 15:18, Mon 18 August 2008 »
It is fairly nippy  :wink:

It pulls as hard in 5th gear on the motorway as it does in 2nd and 3rd gear. I've got a new Forge actuator here to be fitted before she goes away for the winter and have a few other bits to do. Then its time to strip the front end down this winter and get t repainted and cleaned up ready for shows next year  :D

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: 16:49, Mon 18 August 2008 »
that is spanking!! looks clean enough for concourse.
i'd like to get a pair of the front seats for my ka, they'll go alright with the rears too as they're black and blue leather. needs some proper mods first though :roll:
do you know if its true about the 50 or 100 rs's that ford are supposed to have binned cos they were like ''demo'' cars for press and that?

smudger

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: 17:03, Mon 18 August 2008 »
If you mean MK1 Focus RS's then there was nowhere near 50 demo cars. There were 5 if I remember correctly.

One got written off by the press. the 02 plate one that ends FMC is still going about and the other ones including a white one were crushed as I think most demo cars given to the press are these days for safety reasons.

The RS seats do come up from time to time on Ebay and through the Rs owners club. The last set of front and rear seats went for about 900 which isn't too bad considering the rareity. Remember though the fronts aren't actually Sparco seats even though they have Sparco logo on them. They were made by Ford under license from them to reduce production costs.

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: 18:20, Mon 18 August 2008 »
ah, good bit of knowledge there. i was told 50 were given to the press and then scrapped. see, someone always knows  :wink:
i'd be after just the fronts as you say are very rare and they'd probably only come up from a smashed car or one being track prepped but i've got a friend in the rsoc on the look out.

smudger

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: 20:01, Mon 18 August 2008 »
Yeah the RSOC is the best place to look along with Ebay although most will come up on the RSOC first.

I reckon you should expect to pay about 600 for a good set although if they come up on Ebay they will go for more due to the rareity. I will keep my ears to the ground in case some come up.

Smudger

P.S Thanks for the comments. There's a long way to go with her yet till she's finished. May yet be going back to standard wheels and selling the ultra rare ET42 Oz Superlegerras on it in the pics.

DeanGT5

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: new mini's
« Reply #12 on: 20:23, Fri 04 March 2011 »
I know this post is a little old and you might not even have the mini but...

The wife has an 04 Cooper s Cabriolet which we swapped for a MZ3 (an odd swap I know), well after having 320bhp the 167 seemed a little flat. I had a mate fit a GTT induction kit, smaller supercharger pulley, twin bearing idler pully, a 0.5kilo crank pully and colder plugs. We put it on the rollers and it put out 210bhp!! without a remap.

Goes like stink now lol