Author Topic: Nururgring  (Read 1543 times)

kerr205

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
Nururgring
« on: 21:17, Tue 15 July 2008 »
Had a great time with my phase 2 gt turbo at the Nurburgring a few weeks ago. It managed to hassle a M3 and pass a locally registered Porsche 944 Turbo which I would have stayed in front of if my boost hose didnt come loose.

Worked really well on track though. 45mm suspension drop and Yokohama a048 semi slick tyres.

Mattuce

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 13:38, Wed 16 July 2008 »
How much is it for the ring?

Always wanted to go, my brother has just got a supra, so that would be a nice place to test it!

kerr205

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 20:06, Wed 16 July 2008 »
it cost 30quid for the ferry from dover to calais. Then 250miles to the ring. We then stay at a brilliant hotel full of "ringers" then 21euros per lap. It doesnt have to be an expensive trip at all as its really cheap for hotels and food once your there. If you are serious about going let me know and I can advise and gives names of people who own hotles etc. Get over there, its like nothing else!!!! I even went into the M5 ring taxi this year!! BRILLIANT.

Mattuce

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 09:06, Thu 17 July 2008 »
I asked my brother about it, he does want to go.

Although, we are probably looking about a month, maybe 2.

Is it all season?

Do you need any safety gear, i.e helmet, overalls etc?

kerr205

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 09:52, Sat 19 July 2008 »
Hi Mattuce,  You dont need any safety gear at all.  It classed as a german toll road(anyone can use it at the same time cars,motorbikes,buses) and not a race track so no safety gear is needed.  It isnt open all season but if you log onto "benlovejoys nurburgring site" you'll find dates etc plus lots of must know information.

Mattuce

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 19:20, Sat 19 July 2008 »
Thanks!

If you could PM about hotels and all that, me and brother reckon we will go within the month!