Author Topic: Turbos at the NURBURGRING  (Read 1817 times)

kerr205

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
Turbos at the NURBURGRING
« on: 22:26, Tue 17 June 2008 »
Has anyone been to the Nurburgring in their R5s? I go to the ring every year in my company car and am going again next Wedesday but thought I would see if anyone is else has been in a Renault 5.  Its probably not the brightest idea driving to the the middle of Germany from Scotland in a Renault 5 turbo and thought I would ask if anyone has else has braved it or going next week. If not ill keep you up to date on how I get ontaking the 5.

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=34
Re: Turbos at the NURBURGRING
« Reply #1 on: 22:28, Tue 17 June 2008 »
Quote from: "kerr205"
Has anyone been to the Nurburgring in their R5s? I go to the ring every year in my company car and am going again next Wedesday but thought I would see if anyone is else has been in a Renault 5.  Its probably not the brightest idea driving to the the middle of Germany from Scotland in a Renault 5 turbo and thought I would ask if anyone has else has braved it or going next week. If not ill keep you up to date on how I get ontaking the 5.

Alot of the RTOC boys do it a couple of times a years not sure when there next trip is though as the site is down and I can't be bothered to log onto the rubbish Forum thing they have going at the moment.

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 22:32, Tue 17 June 2008 »
Forums not too bad James once you start using it a bit :)

Big Steve Raider

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
    • http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/BigSteveT/Raider/
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 22:30, Fri 27 June 2008 »
Keep you eyes peeled on RTOC for an August/September trip later this year ;)

I've been there a couple of times now, 1st time in my Raider with 9 other 5 Turbo's.

Everyone got there & back with no problems! I laugh in the face of people now who say these cars are unreliable!!!

And here's one of a few video's i did follow Jesus round the track in May 2008 when we went the second time

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d51rex8ZFak[/video]

Billiam

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 20:17, Tue 01 July 2008 »
Quote from: "Big Steve Raider"
I've been there a couple of times now, 1st time in my Raider with 9 other 5 Turbo's.

Now now Stevey, you should know better than that  :P
Been around these cars for too damn long!

kerr205

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 20:50, Tue 01 July 2008 »
Hi, just got back from the ring trip and had a really good time.  The wee turbo served me well. The only thing that happened was a boost hose blowing off whilst hard up the backside of a locally registered 944 Porsche turbo!!!  Great fun and it also looked like everyone had fun in your pictures.