Author Topic: Needing advice  (Read 1513 times)

kerr205

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
Needing advice
« on: 22:13, Tue 17 June 2008 »
Hi everyone,  Just a quick question to see if anyone has any experience with the K-tec ultimate coilover package. I need a coilover package but want to find the right one.  The car will mostly be used on scottish B roads.  Any suggestions or advice would be muchly appreciated.

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 22:23, Tue 17 June 2008 »
I use Spax RSX, not the cheapest but i've had no probs with them & they lock with opposing rings (2 rings not 1 with a few grub screws)
Seem very good on the road & i run 16's, i did have to space them 5 mm though at the front as on full drop they were very close to the coilover locking rings.

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=34
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 22:27, Tue 17 June 2008 »
Quote from: "GTTBoy"
I use Spax RSX, not the cheapest but i've had no probs with them & they lock with opposing rings (2 rings not 1 with a few grub screws)
Seem very good on the road & i run 16's, i did have to space them 5 mm though at the front as on full drop they were very close to the coilover locking rings.

Have to agree with Steve I also use Spax RSX but with 15's and they seem really good on the road.

kerr205

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 22:32, Tue 17 June 2008 »
Thanks, thats exactly what I need.I need to sort the car out with some good suspension and as much as stuff is advertised looking good nothing is as reliable as actually experiences with real customers so thank you.

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 22:36, Tue 17 June 2008 »
If you don't want to mess around with the height alot then the Koni kits are very good (they are just normal top adjustable suspension set ups though, not coilover)

kerr205

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
What are my chances
« Reply #5 on: 22:44, Tue 17 June 2008 »
What do you think my chances are with my old 1400 Reno5 against my mates e36 1997 M3 AC Scnitzer. My cars running a blitz boost controller, full s/s exhaust high capacity intercooler etc and is measured at 155bhp but his is 310bhp......at the wheels!!!!! I think Germany might just beat the french on this occasion.  The only saving grace is that he is desperate for a go in the R5 as he loves them.