Author Topic: advice needed  (Read 1842 times)

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.oxfordshirechauffeurs.com
advice needed
« on: 20:16, Wed 28 May 2008 »
ive just bought a 5 turbo 10 weeks back and iam loving it to bits and its running lovely like a dream no problems at all, ive been reading up on these cars and different turbos and ive been told mine has a turbo technics stage 1 turbo fitted but after reading up on these it tells me it can take up to 13psi on boost and mine is running at 14 psi, engine spec below do you think i should turn it down or leave it as its running sweet. i no its running at 14 as ive got a boost gauge.

The engine consists of-brand new standard pistons and liners,lightened and balanced crank and flywheel,crank has been machined to 0.25mm,big end and little end,brand new oil pump,BB Tuning gaskets kit,uprated head gasket and bolts,stage 3 ported and gas flowed head,270 degree cam from BB Tuning,plus uprated valve springs and seals,250 bhp BB clutch,all new bearings and shells,brand new water pump,turbo technics stage 1 hybrid turbo,done 4000 miles,pace double capacity intercooler,currently running 14psi,approximately 165 plus bhp with loads of torque, ( so ive beem told but not that sure), full stainless steel exhaust,scorpian 4 inch back box and the rest magnex,gt tuning 4 point stainless steel strutt brace,full samco hoses,bailey dump valve.

smithsgtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 20:20, Wed 28 May 2008 »
i'd say it sounds fine
 i was running 28psi till i blew my turbo to pieces turned up a little bit too much lol

yours will be fine at that and sounds a good spec to have .
prob gttboy would be able to give you a better idea of figures on your engine

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 20:24, Wed 28 May 2008 »
As long as your carb has been jetted for higher boost 1bar boost will be fine, does the boost gauge read vacuum as well as + boost ??

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 20:25, Wed 28 May 2008 »
Quote from: "smithsgtt"
i'd say it sounds fine
 i was running 28psi till i blew my turbo to pieces turned up a little bit too much lol

yours will be fine at that and sounds a good spec to have .
prob gttboy would be able to give you a better idea of figures on your engine

iam not to worried as car is running fine and ive had no problems and i had it serviced last week and had the tappets sorted as they were tapping a bit as engine has settled down after rebuild,also had oil change done and had mobil 1 motorsport oil put in and it ticks over nicely now with no tappet noice.

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 20:26, Wed 28 May 2008 »
Quote from: "GTTBoy"
As long as your carb has been jetted for higher boost 1bar boost will be fine, does the boost gauge read vacuum as well as + boost ??

sorry forgot to say yes carb has been done aswell, only got boost gauge

smithsgtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 20:29, Wed 28 May 2008 »
Quote from: "dazzleandshine"

good good then what you've got it at will be fine nothing to worry about

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 20:32, Wed 28 May 2008 »
Quote from: "smithsgtt"
Quote from: "dazzleandshine"

good good then what you've got it at will be fine nothing to worry about

thats good then, thought i would check with you guys as you no more than me as 5 turbos are new to me, and iam loving every minute of it when i drive it