Author Topic: charade gtti  (Read 5995 times)

jarr5

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: charade gtti
« Reply #15 on: 18:52, Fri 28 March 2008 »
hey my mate has gont a chrade turbo. they are quick cars dont get me rong and they are probs a bit more reliable as they are 12 valve as they only 3 cylinder engines. my mate has nothing but a dump valve and a lightend fly wheel, and he can have 120mph in forth. but at the end of the day you cnat beat the looks of a r5, people say they are unreliable but if u look after them, ie change the oil etc every 3000-6000miles and up rate the head gasket to stop it blowing runing standard boost or jus above will also help this. And i would rekomend a intercooler on no any r5 model uprated if poss. but the later 1s phase to have a watercooled turbo anyway. it like anything if u look after it and when things go rong fix them instead of just leavin them go. then it will b fine. hope that helps u. cheers
burn rubber not your sole

cavsri130

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: 08:29, Sat 19 April 2008 »
i got my charade. its a weapon! not been able to drive it much, few problems with it, its at the bodyshop now. only needed 4 bits of welding done for the test and skim the rear discs, 60 a disc was the cheapest i could fint then theres bearings to go in them. not to worry, hopefully on the road for the end of the month
IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT!