Author Topic: Thought I'd post a few pics of my 5GTT looking original...  (Read 160524 times)

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Thought I'd post a few pics of my 5GTT looking original...
« Reply #525 on: 01:23, Mon 11 April 2011 »
Quote from: "H150GTT"
Quote from: "5teve L"
Still the best looking car on here IMO.

For sure!!  8)
Real credit to ya lad!
Keep them pictures coming  :wink:

cheers guys, thanks for the nice comments..  :wink:   the only other pics I've taken lately are the trim..

I'll do a test fit of the other wheels soon as well..now the weathers back..  loving this sun!!  8)

BabyBluGTT

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: 12:24, Mon 11 April 2011 »
That interior looks mint matey. Is your centre vent holder a home-made jobby? Looks sweet.

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: 19:01, Mon 11 April 2011 »
Hey blue,  I made those last summer out of carbon fiber so they matched the rest of the trim.

BabyBluGTT

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: 19:59, Mon 11 April 2011 »
They look great mate, as does the rest of the car! Give yourself a pat on the back ;)

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: 01:55, Tue 12 April 2011 »
Thanks for the pat  :lol:   was a while ago I did that.. luckily it worked out ok.. thats the best thing about these cars,  playing around with bits and seeing how it ends up.  Then change it again a few weeks later   :wink:

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: 22:22, Mon 18 April 2011 »
Not much to tell you,  I wanted to give the suspension and underside a good check up and clean for the new year which I do every year now the good weather is back.. It's a good idea to keep these cars fresh and they will stay that way if you look after them..  I quite enjoyed doing it again and caught a nice sun tan at the same time..  so it was a good sunday afternoon.

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: 11:25, Wed 20 April 2011 »
I used to have the green stuff ones myself..   I now use the Ferodo DS2500 pads.. very good pads and I dont get any squeeling..  its a good option to go for.

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.oxfordshirechauffeurs.com
« Reply #532 on: 08:58, Fri 22 April 2011 »
i see your car is looking mint still mate, i miss my 5 turbo and wish i never sold it but the time has come to get another one again as looking at the pictures of yours has reminded me what ive lost!!!

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: 13:32, Sat 23 April 2011 »
Where did you get the pads from, I used to have these on my old GTT & they are awesome pads IMO, could do with some more  :mrgreen:

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: 17:16, Sat 23 April 2011 »
Quote from: "dazzleandshine"
i see your car is looking mint still mate, i miss my 5 turbo and wish i never sold it but the time has come to get another one again as looking at the pictures of yours has reminded me what ive lost!!!

dazzel man!  how the hell have you been mate!   :D   thats made my day hearing your getting another 5... your last one was a stunner.. (everyone says they wish they hadnt sold it!  (we warned you not to sell it :lol:  ) cant wait to see what you get next!   8)

(wish I could spell things right the 1st time! think I've got sun stroke! lol)

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: 17:19, Sat 23 April 2011 »
Where did you get the pads from, I used to have these on my old GTT & they are awesome pads IMO, could do with some more  :mrgreen:

Steve..  I'm pretty sure I got them from Demon Tweeks.. as I remember saying to the guy when I was ordering them...  'how much?!!'   :lol:  

It was your advise when I was looking for new pads why I bought them to start with   :wink:   and hearing a few track day guys swearing by them.

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: 17:21, Sat 23 April 2011 »
I almost forgot!  had another go on the car today...  it was a great day and getting a sun tan at the same time.. so going to have a cold beer and a hot burger now!   8)  

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: 18:12, Sat 23 April 2011 »
I either got mine from tweaks or matt lewis motorsport, I'll see who is cheapest & get some on when I change my front lines.. rears need doing as well although I will use standard pads, I hope the nipples are ok  :roll:

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: 18:24, Sat 23 April 2011 »
I either got mine from tweaks or matt lewis motorsport, I'll see who is cheapest & get some on when I change my front lines.. rears need doing as well although I will use standard pads, I hope the nipples are ok  :roll:

I was gutted when I bought bigger disks the last time and they looked the whiskers!  until I found out the 15" wheels wouldnt go back on afterwards   :lol:  

I was lucky,  my nipples were nice enough to have them on page 3 of the Renault 5 weekly!

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.oxfordshirechauffeurs.com
« Reply #539 on: 18:31, Sat 23 April 2011 »
Quote from: "GTTboost"
Quote from: "dazzleandshine"

dazzel man!  how the hell have you been mate!   :D   thats made my day hearing your getting another 5... your last one was a stunner.. (everyone says they wish they hadnt sold it!  (we warned you not to sell it :lol:  ) cant wait to see what you get next!   8)

(wish I could spell things right the 1st time! think I've got sun stroke! lol)

iam good mate and iam looking forward to getting another 5 as ive got BIG Plans for the next 5 turbo, i know you told me not to sell my last one and i should off listened as i really regret it now as it was a minter, the next one will be even better as iam older and wiser now!!!