Author Topic: Thought I'd post a few pics of my 5GTT looking original...  (Read 170890 times)

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #285 on: 17:58, Wed 17 December 2008 »
Quote from: "dazzleandshine"
Quote from: "GTTboost"
this car is still looking sweet, makes me wish i didnt sell mine....

Hey thanks mate..  :wink:  hows you?  I'm really liking the old 5 now... just really good fun to own now its gradually getting to the stage how I want it.. its taken long enough   :)  hope all is good your side  :wink:

iam ok thanks, missing the old 5 like mad some days and could kick myself for selling it but needed to at the time, been looking for my next car was going to get a clio v6 as discussed before but now thinking of a old porsche 911 turbo as i prefer the old classics and with the old credit crunch going on there is some good ones poping up for sale at the minute.

Good choice  :wink:  I went to see one myself before the V6..  but it had been tracked with a cage and it just had too many squeeks I didnt recognise as I think it had been well 'used' (as they should be).

But like you said, with the credit crunch its a perfect oppertunity to buy a minter for a good price.  This would also be my own choice if I was you.  I would be pretty sure even the MK2 V6 will lose more value than a well cared for 911.  The ph1's (top condition) will be lucky to fetch 9k in another few years.. (if I had one now it would be in the Autotrader fast!)  and I have a bad feeling the ph2 will drop to around 12k by then...or just dam hard to sell.  When they 1st came out they were a novelty and had a lot of interest from buyers, but I think they may be losing the edge a bit now.  I still like the mk2's but I think there are other cars that would give me more exitement...like the old Porsche  8)  go for it mate..  u'll be waxing that more than u did the 5!

hoolio

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #286 on: 18:19, Wed 17 December 2008 »
Quote from: "hoolio"

Hey thanks mate..  :wink:  hows you?  I'm really liking the old 5 now... just really good fun to own now its gradually getting to the stage how I want it.. its taken long enough   :)  hope all is good your side  :wink:

Been following this thread for a little while and it's just clicked, you're 182petrolblue arn't you?

haha..  yep :)  I had my fair share of Clios before this 5.   Had a Williams, 182, and V6 and a member on there still :)

Ah, if you look at this http://www.renault5gtturbo.com/forum/vi ... php?t=4045

you won't need to bother with the pm's i've left for you over on RS :wink:

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #287 on: 18:51, Wed 17 December 2008 »

Been following this thread for a little while and it's just clicked, you're 182petrolblue arn't you?

haha..  yep :)  I had my fair share of Clios before this 5.   Had a Williams, 182, and V6 and a member on there still :)

Ah, if you look at this http://www.renault5gtturbo.com/forum/vi ... php?t=4045

you won't need to bother with the pm's i've left for you over on RS :wink:

Oh, I havent checked my in box for a while... lol..  I have just spotted ur link..  been waiting to see it..  awesome!  I left u a reply on ur post ;)

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #288 on: 17:05, Sat 31 January 2009 »
Its been a while...just a quick update ...

Had a few xmas prezzies for the 5...  and now fitted a few bits..

Some Omp harnesses and a nice Sparco suede steering wheel..   8)  

Heres a pic to compare the large standard wheel to the more sporty Sparco..  it fits in much better with the theme of the car and with the other upgrades already done..

and fitted...

....and the belts are now in... 4 Point 3" for more comfort.  I didnt like the bright yellow OMP logos....so I've darkened them up to tone them down a bit..

Happy boosting!  :wink:

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #289 on: 17:34, Sat 31 January 2009 »
Before:

After:

hoolio

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #290 on: 17:58, Sat 31 January 2009 »
Wondered when we would get to see some more pics, looking good :)

I Must resist the urge to mod :lol:

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #291 on: 18:10, Sat 31 January 2009 »
Oh-dear. This car is getting too fit! Is it going up for some trophies when show season comes around?
Have you gone carbon on the floor as well?

jure

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.renault-klub.hr
(No subject)
« Reply #292 on: 18:22, Sat 31 January 2009 »
Damn! This car is way out of the league. Champion of mint cars  8)  8)  8)

BriC

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #293 on: 19:31, Sat 31 January 2009 »
I need to change my underwear after seeing that interior  :oops:

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #294 on: 20:51, Sat 31 January 2009 »

I Must resist the urge to mod :lol:

Hey H,  I lost the battle with mine...  :lol:  dont start or u'll never stop  :?

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #295 on: 20:55, Sat 31 January 2009 »
Quote from: "scratcher"
Oh-dear. This car is getting too fit! Is it going up for some trophies when show season comes around?
Have you gone carbon on the floor as well?

Thanks mate :) not sure when it will be finished..  someone asked me that last year... and its still not finshed yet...but its getting there  :)

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #296 on: 20:57, Sat 31 January 2009 »
Quote from: "jure"
Damn! This car is way out of the league. Champion of mint cars  8)  8)  8)

hey jure... haha...cheers bud  :D

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #297 on: 20:58, Sat 31 January 2009 »
Quote from: "BriC"
I need to change my underwear after seeing that interior  :oops:

haha..  sorry about that!  :lol:

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #298 on: 11:39, Thu 05 February 2009 »
hey gtt boost hows it going,cars lookin mint as ever,that interior looks amazing now total transformation,stunning mate 8)  8)

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #299 on: 19:32, Tue 10 February 2009 »
Quote from: "bazr5gtt"
hey gtt boost hows it going,cars lookin mint as ever,that interior looks amazing now total transformation,stunning mate 8)  8)

Hey Baz..  not bad thanks mate..  now I've driven the car with that new steering wheel  (330mm) ...its completely transformed the 'feeling' of the car..  it just feels like a go cart now... 8)   I went out and didnt want to stop driving it.   If anyones thinking of changing there st/wheel...get a 330!  wish I'd done it years ago now... and the seats just lock you in...so u can feel the cars response to the road...  rather than a spongy bouncy seat and a bus size steering wheel..lol..   :lol:   feels like a different car.

Cheers dude   :D