Author Topic: Thought I'd post a few pics of my 5GTT looking original...  (Read 171016 times)

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #195 on: 18:33, Mon 23 June 2008 »
thats looking well good, even with the temp pipe work.
are you keeping the grill off? it looks proper mean like that, i like how the filter pokes out. actually, i don't think i.ve seen anything on this car i don't like. apart from it not sitting outside my house.

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #196 on: 20:34, Mon 23 June 2008 »
Quote from: "scratcher"
thats looking well good, even with the temp pipe work.
are you keeping the grill off? it looks proper mean like that, i like how the filter pokes out. actually, i don't think i.ve seen anything on this car i don't like. apart from it not sitting outside my house.

Thanks Scratcher  8)    I took the grill off to see how the front mount cooler would look back where the green filter is (I'll need a smaller induction kit to fit that)  and took a pic whilst the grill was off..  :)   (it looks even better without the front bumper on...but I dont think I'd get away with it! lol  :twisted: )  I havent re-fitted the grill and I was just seeing how it run with better air flow to the induction kit without the grill...  and will wait till its set up with it open and see how it goes.  I kinda like the open grill area... you get a few people look in their mirror and wonder WTF it is  :twisted:

1st thing is to get it tuned up in the next few weeks.  I have ordered the new main/air corrector jets from K-Tec.  I am after the jet in enrichment..  but couldnt get that from K-tec...anyone know who can supply one?

Also...

I have ordered the Red Samco 90deg corners (from Demon Tweeks that takes around 1 month for del) for the crossover pipe..   but would be helpful is someone can tell me if I've ordered the right size 90deg hoses?  

The one from the charge cooler is slighter bigger size... so went for a 60mm corner...and the carb top side 57mm ?  and alloy pipe 57mm.  does this all sound the same as the ones u guys have (that run CC's).

Going to get a matching rad top hose as well just to tie it all in... and later on...I'll drip feed in bits and pieces with other red pipe work around to finally complete this thing.

I have another trick bit coming for the interior soon..  and some black harnesses that I havent ordered yet.  I want to do something with the door cards... not sure yet but will be subtle.

8)

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #197 on: 18:31, Tue 24 June 2008 »
i like the open grill look. i'm running it too but mine just looks shabby with the standard rad and intercooler so if i ever find a decent phase 1 grill i'll cover it up.
it'll look the mutt's with all the red pipe work in. do you think you'll ever stop? haha.
keep it up mate  8)

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #198 on: 20:52, Tue 24 June 2008 »
i like the open grill look. i'm running it too but mine just looks shabby with the standard rad and intercooler so if i ever find a decent phase 1 grill i'll cover it up.
it'll look the mutt's with all the red pipe work in. do you think you'll ever stop? haha.
keep it up mate  8)

Good plan for yours with the ph1 grill..  8)  but as you said... very hard to find one thats in good condition... or any condition.

Thanks for backing the idea with the red hoses on the cross over pipe.  Its a fairly long wait till they arrive but not really in any hurry  :)

I am just about to write a list of the bits I know I need to finish it off so I know where I am...  not gonna add to it after that  :!:    :)

Have the car booked in for 2 weeks from now for setting up the carb and running some boost  8)  thinking of linking up my water injection again.. (with the proper size jet this time) but will wait and see how it goes.

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.oxfordshirechauffeurs.com
(No subject)
« Reply #199 on: 20:57, Tue 24 June 2008 »
this car is getting better and better

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #200 on: 21:23, Tue 24 June 2008 »
Quote from: "dazzleandshine"

Cheers daz...  I can see it taking shape now... it wasnt long ago I didnt even had any seats in it..   :D  i'm pleased with how its coming along.

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #201 on: 21:40, Tue 24 June 2008 »
Quote from: "GTTboost"

Cheers daz...  I can see it taking shape now... it wasnt long ago I didnt even had any seats in it..   :D  i'm pleased with how its coming along.

show you should be as you are doing a grand job with it and its going to look really good when its done

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #202 on: 01:22, Fri 04 July 2008 »
Oh ball locks!  got the 285mm disks all fitted on... but the wheels are like a split type wheel inside...and has a 2nd level that reduces the size of the insides of the wheel!  So u guessed it...   couldnt get the wheels back on afterwards    :roll:  (almost decided to get some other wheels just to get the brakes on..but I like em too much)  so the disks came off again... and have ordered some Clio Williams grooved disks and see how they fit.   If they dont give me any joy...  I'll get some nice Wilwoods.  I asked Hi-Spec but they dont do a kit to fit these wheels.

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #203 on: 17:57, Tue 08 July 2008 »
Quick update....  the samcos turned up today...  just did a quick test fit...  i've now measured the gap between the hoses and can now order the cross over pipe to join it up!  I test fit another smaller induction kit... I think I will put the front alloy intercooler back on and have this silver mesh induction kit behind it...  will look better and should be be cool with both coolers fitted  8)

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #204 on: 18:26, Tue 08 July 2008 »
that looks mint

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #205 on: 19:28, Tue 08 July 2008 »
that looks mint

cheers daz  :wink:   those samcos take ages to arrive..  I'm just going to do little bits at a time on the engine to finish it off..  but still a list of things to get through.. will be worth it in the end  (I just gotta remember its not a race!)  :D

Arturas-zender

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.emusic.lt
(No subject)
« Reply #206 on: 20:20, Tue 08 July 2008 »
all I can say is - wow!!  :wink:

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #207 on: 20:35, Tue 08 July 2008 »
Quote from: "GTTboost"
that looks mint

cheers daz  :wink:   those samcos take ages to arrive..  I'm just going to do little bits at a time on the engine to finish it off..  but still a list of things to get through.. will be worth it in the end  (I just gotta remember its not a race!)  :D

perfection takes time :D

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #208 on: 16:46, Thu 10 July 2008 »
it'd look cool with the alloy cooler and charge cooler. and keep intake temps down. would it be a bit laggy though?
i'm liking the red pipe work as well. keeps looking better and better  :D

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #209 on: 17:35, Thu 10 July 2008 »
it'd look cool with the alloy cooler and charge cooler. and keep intake temps down. would it be a bit laggy though?
i'm liking the red pipe work as well. keeps looking better and better  :D

Hey Scratcher,   I know what you mean as the boost circuit wont be as short with both coolers.  I have seen some quick 5's with both fitted but I want to try it and see how it goes, if I like it... I'll keep it that way or change it back if not.  I have a long way to go till I get it how I want it.. but will try a few different things out and see what i like the best  :wink:

Cheers for liking the work so far mate  :)