Author Topic: Thought I'd post a few pics of my 5GTT looking original...  (Read 173119 times)

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #105 on: 10:45, Thu 29 May 2008 »
Quote from: "GTTboost"
Quote from: "bazr5gtt"
heard that before mate :lol: im still telling my missus the same thing,i think we should start up a r5 anonymous (i cant stop buying shiney bits for my 5) :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

lol..  :D  there really should be a number you can ring when your having a weak moment!  These cars are giant money boxes...  but theres never any money inside when u need it!

So true, if i had a 1 for every time i said that to the missus about my 5 it WOULD be finished. lol.

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.oxfordshirechauffeurs.com
(No subject)
« Reply #106 on: 12:43, Thu 29 May 2008 »
Quote from: "GTTBoy"
heard that before mate :lol: im still telling my missus the same thing,i think we should start up a r5 anonymous (i cant stop buying shiney bits for my 5) :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

lol..  :D  there really should be a number you can ring when your having a weak moment!  These cars are giant money boxes...  but theres never any money inside when u need it!

So true, if i had a 1 for every time i said that to the missus about my 5 it WOULD be finished. lol.

same here lads only had mine 10 weeks and spent over 1000 on it already

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #107 on: 15:54, Thu 29 May 2008 »
its easly done mate you see one thing and then another then it gets you thinkng i need more things before you know it you remorgaged your house to fund your project :lol:  :lol:  :lol: sorry habit :lol:  :lol:

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #108 on: 16:03, Thu 29 May 2008 »
i no what you mean, just got carpet to do and door panels and that will be it for now as iam looking for a clio v6 in blue to buy for my next toy

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #109 on: 16:16, Thu 29 May 2008 »
lucky you mate,is that you happy after that or is it a look on k tec's website for goodys :lol: so you fancy a v6 clio,there not that fast i hear,i would stick with the 5 8)

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #110 on: 18:13, Thu 29 May 2008 »
Quote from: "dazzleandshine"
i no what you mean, just got carpet to do and door panels and that will be it for now as iam looking for a clio v6 in blue to buy for my next toy

lol... I can go a while without buying anything... but I start to get the judders and then I spend twice as much as I intended to start with  :roll:

V6 is a great car...  I think its called illard blue and its stunning ... (is it the ph2 V6 your after?) I advise this is a better option if u can reach the little extra it costs I dont think they'll lose much value as they have reached that level now  :)

I had a Ph1 V6 before they made the ph2... had it almost 3 years and sold it just before the warrenty run out and the clutch was almost in need to replacement....so I timed that just right!  :D

I changed the suspension the k-Tecs KW varient 3 coilovers.. decat the zorts..carbon induction kit..  and a few other bits..  

Good luck finding a nice tidy example mate :)

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #111 on: 19:23, Thu 29 May 2008 »

lol... I can go a while without buying anything... but I start to get the judders and then I spend twice as much as I intended to start with  :roll:

V6 is a great car...  I think its called illard blue and its stunning ... (is it the ph2 V6 your after?) I advise this is a better option if u can reach the little extra it costs I dont think they'll lose much value as they have reached that level now  :)

I had a Ph1 V6 before they made the ph2... had it almost 3 years and sold it just before the warrenty run out and the clutch was almost in need to replacement....so I timed that just right!  :D

I changed the suspension the k-Tecs KW varient 3 coilovers.. decat the zorts..carbon induction kit..  and a few other bits..  

Good luck finding a nice tidy example mate :)

yes iam after the phase 2 version as ive been told they are a lot better,iam trying to find a low milage one which is quite hard as i want blue,i dont mind paying a bit extra to get a low milage one as i intend on keeping it for a long time just like iam never going to get rid of the 5

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #112 on: 19:36, Thu 29 May 2008 »

quote]

yes iam after the phase 2 version as ive been told they are a lot better,iam trying to find a low milage one which is quite hard as i want blue,i dont mind paying a bit extra to get a low milage one as i intend on keeping it for a long time just like iam never going to get rid of the 5

Yes,  the ph1 was a good car.. but the ph2 is far better and I also love that blue...it just looks so right in that colour.  You've got good taste  8)

I used to go for a drive in the V6...and get home and go straight out again in the 5GTT...    as they are so different...I wanted the buzz from the turbo after the V6..lol.

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #113 on: 19:53, Thu 29 May 2008 »

quote]

Yes,  the ph1 was a good car.. but the ph2 is far better and I also love that blue...it just looks so right in that colour.  You've got good taste  8)

I used to go for a drive in the V6...and get home and go straight out again in the 5GTT...    as they are so different...I wanted the buzz from the turbo after the V6..lol.

i drove a v6 a while back and i loved it but like you said you still need that 5gtt buzz

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #114 on: 00:12, Fri 30 May 2008 »
nice v6 gttboost,didnt relise you used to own one of them 8) what sort of performance do they have compared to the 5,i was out driving my mates 5 tonight trying to fine tune his carb,still needs a little tweek i keep telling my mate :lol: just the noise that comes from it,burbling down the street scaring old people with it  :twisted:

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #115 on: 01:36, Fri 30 May 2008 »
nice v6 gttboost,didnt relise you used to own one of them 8) what sort of performance do they have compared to the 5,i was out driving my mates 5 tonight trying to fine tune his carb,still needs a little tweek i keep telling my mate :lol: just the noise that comes from it,burbling down the street scaring old people with it  :twisted:

The V6 weighs quite a bit... i think its around 1400kg but its full of luxury...  air con...  big heavy comfortable seats... but its a joy to drive... you can drive over pot holes in the road and not even feel them!  I would describe it as 'silky smooth'  you look at the speedo and its going past 80mph without any effort,  the gear changes just glide into gear and it goes well.... and sounds fantastic with the engine right behind your ears!  being rear wheel drive and all that weight over the rear wheels/fat tyres... you will put all the power down without any wheel spin even in the wet 8) But unless you've owned a V6 (either ph1 or ph2) you'll not realise the feeling you get driving it...  a real experience...  almost like a supercar experience (I know that sounds over the top.. but is a special motor) but saying that..  I did always feel it needed more power to match the style.

The 5 is completely different and very raw (its more of a toy...and a big grin factor..but I dont need to explain about that on here..lol)  stipped out of all the unnecessary bits you dont need it weighs around 780kg  (which isnt far off 1/2 the weight of the V6!) which is why its such a grin to fly along when the turbo kicks in and all hell breaks loose..lol  :lol:   and it feels a lot faster than the V6 for sure!  But...  I have a performance meter... both cars were pretty equal as at the time I had 13" speedlines on the car...and they would just light up and spin off the line... where as the V6 would get all the grip down and not lose any time.. my 5 was prob about 160bhp and on the standard T2 turbo at the time.

The V6 wasnt totally standard tho...  I had a decat... BMC carbon filter..  superchipped.. so it was a bit up on standard. I also bought wizard of Nos N20 kit for it! but thank fook I sold the car before I fitted it and blew the thing up! (I was starting to realise...I was going too far...and it was time to move on) I sold it and got a Clio 182 which was the newer shape at the time and tuned the 5 up a bit more.

If you had a 5 tuned upto nearer 200bhp... it was eat the V6 alive.. but you have 2 totally different cars to contend with... luxury V's raw thrills.

:)

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #116 on: 09:33, Fri 30 May 2008 »
lucky you mate,is that you happy after that or is it a look on k tec's website for goodys :lol: so you fancy a v6 clio,there not that fast i hear,i would stick with the 5 8)

i will never be happy and iam sure i will be on k tecs website buying a few mods as you do, the clio is going to be more for comfort and then the 5 for when the boy racer comes out in me every sunday LOL

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #117 on: 22:56, Fri 30 May 2008 »
i know what you mean mate,nothing better than killing some scoobys :lol: ,the missus just bought me rear gaz adjustables of ebay,what a woman :D

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #118 on: 10:53, Sat 31 May 2008 »
i know i coudnt believe either especially cos im offshore at the mo,logged on to ebay and there they were,still waiting for my stuff from cgb tho thats been 2 weeks,hopefully when i get home it will be there,mmmmmm nice polished forge oil catch tank and oil cooler with braided hoses,must stop buying shiny bits :lol:

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #119 on: 12:51, Sat 31 May 2008 »
you are one lucky man with a mrs like that