Author Topic: Thought I'd post a few pics of my 5GTT looking original...  (Read 173179 times)

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #90 on: 20:41, Tue 27 May 2008 »
Quote from: "GTTBoy"
Hi mate, cars looking sweet now, i do like those seats.
I was the same as you in regards to the chargecooler, i had to have one, then i sold it a bit later on in favor of the FMIC i have now.
I also use DS2500 pads, they squeel a little at low speed braking but they're awesome so i can live with it.

cheers Steve,  I think I'll still fit it just to see how it goes (Its more curiousity than anything)..  I know of a few 5's that have been really impressive with the pace cc.   I was wondering what it was that you didnt like about it?  I think it will be better than my current cooler.  I only go for blasts on good weather days and wont be on track with it and pushing it to its limit...so I dont think I'll break it..  :lol:

Looking forward to getting the bigger brakes sorted should be here by Friday..  if the pads squeek like a stuffed pig...  they might not be on very long tho..lol.  cheers for the info dude.

8)

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #91 on: 20:51, Tue 27 May 2008 »
The rad & water reservoir were too small for the boost i was running IMO, if i gave it a good hard run @ 21psi the water was really warm !!
The large FMIC suits my application better now:)
The pads may not squeel on the different discs, i have ebc, my brother had ebc on his old rover with there red stuff pads & they squeeled so maybe it's my discs.

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #92 on: 21:01, Tue 27 May 2008 »
Quote from: "GTTBoy"
The rad & water reservoir were too small for the boost i was running IMO, if i gave it a good hard run @ 21psi the water was really warm !!
The large FMIC suits my application better now:)
The pads may not squeel on the different discs, i have ebc, my brother had ebc on his old rover with there red stuff pads & they squeeled so maybe it's my discs.

ok,  I might find the same as u...   I'll post an update on how I find it.  I think it will be a better choice than the front double capacity jobbie I have now.

I'll let u know if I'm squeeking soon!  :lol:  (or not)

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #93 on: 20:21, Wed 28 May 2008 »
gonna look awsome when shes done mate,keep up the good work 8)  8)  8)  8)

lexgtturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #94 on: 20:34, Wed 28 May 2008 »
That looks too good to be true. Great work youve done there  8)

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #95 on: 21:37, Wed 28 May 2008 »
cheers guys...  its taken a long time to get it like this.. about 3 years.. each time I think 'thats enough'  but it never seems to work out that way....

Interior is being sorted with a nice black carpet in the front half soon..  a few other bits I have got hold of as well...  the CD player and speakers are back in the front  (thats what I call music to my ears!) 4 point black harnesses going in.

Brakes...  285mm grooved disks..  new standard calipers.. ferodo ds2500 pads... already have areoquip hoses.

Engine... charge cooler.. big green cossy filter,  bigger turbo downpipe..(not a all in one) as I got one of those but wanted to keep my heat shield over the turbo, set up the fueling to run around 20psi... then have sum fun in the sun.

Cant wait to get these bits done...  bits on order so its a waiting game.

Then...  'thats enough'  (unlikely)   :twisted:

:wink:

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #96 on: 21:53, Wed 28 May 2008 »
heard that before mate :lol: im still telling my missus the same thing,i think we should start up a r5 anonymous (i cant stop buying shiney bits for my 5) :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #97 on: 22:24, Wed 28 May 2008 »
Quote from: "bazr5gtt"
heard that before mate :lol: im still telling my missus the same thing,i think we should start up a r5 anonymous (i cant stop buying shiney bits for my 5) :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

lol..  :D  there really should be a number you can ring when your having a weak moment!  These cars are giant money boxes...  but theres never any money inside when u need it!

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #98 on: 22:30, Wed 28 May 2008 »
yeh  mate im gonna cut a slot in my roof :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

lexgtturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #99 on: 22:33, Wed 28 May 2008 »

Im in on the R5 anonymous, where do I sign??

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #100 on: 22:41, Wed 28 May 2008 »
the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem :lol:  :lol:

lexgtturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #101 on: 22:51, Wed 28 May 2008 »
:lol: Its like I said to a bloke asking how much i wanted for my car. "Its not for sale! When i die Im going to use it as a coffin" :lol:

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #102 on: 22:56, Wed 28 May 2008 »
yeh it would look smart with some handles screwed to the side of it :lol:  :lol:

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #103 on: 23:55, Wed 28 May 2008 »
yeh it would look smart with some handles screwed to the side of it :lol:  :lol:

When was the last time you ever heard of someone turning up at the grave yard for there final moment.. inside there modified renault 5gtt  :lol:   (modified with some bling handles on the sides like u said! and some red curtains inside... nice  8)  )

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #104 on: 00:41, Thu 29 May 2008 »
at least the curtains will match the carpet :lol:  :lol: