Author Topic: Thought I'd post a few pics of my 5GTT looking original...  (Read 173506 times)

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #60 on: 21:16, Tue 22 April 2008 »
lovin those seats bud  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #61 on: 20:33, Sat 03 May 2008 »
Quote from: "bazr5gtt"
lovin those seats bud  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)

Cheers Baz  :)   I had to get the seat mounts re-fabricated..  so delayed fitting at the mo.  So instead...  I gave the engine a tidy today..   8)

I've sort of come to a decsion... that I cant be assed to do anymore to the engine! I have a box of stuff I was going to put on...  but I think its reached a good enough level now for what I want..   so I think it will stay like this now... and happy with it.  Just need to get it tuned up now its done 300 miles since the rebuild... and ready for the summer  8)

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #62 on: 21:02, Sat 03 May 2008 »
thats spanking. cleans up really nicely, good job mate.
whats happening with the air box and cone filter? do you run both or just trying out each one? i sen both in the pictures and just wondered.

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #63 on: 21:53, Sat 03 May 2008 »
Quote from: "scratcher"
thats spanking. cleans up really nicely, good job mate.
whats happening with the air box and cone filter? do you run both or just trying out each one? i sen both in the pictures and just wondered.

Hi mate,  I just took the green filter off...  I've gone back to the standard set up...  I only use the car on the road now.. and dont race it around so decided to take it off..    I bought a charge cooler kit from K-Tec and was going to use it with the kit.  

Sounded nice to have the chatter when you lift off with the large filter.. but happy to leave it as it is now..  I think Reno knew what they were doing with that OE air box  :D

Arturas-zender

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.emusic.lt
(No subject)
« Reply #64 on: 07:51, Sun 04 May 2008 »
awsome car!!  :shock:  :wink:

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #65 on: 23:06, Mon 05 May 2008 »
Quote from: "Arturas-zender"
awsome car!!  :shock:  :wink:

Thanks mate :)

I got the seats in today.. bit of a pain fitting them in.. but was easy soon as I figured it out  8)

big dave

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #66 on: 15:28, Tue 06 May 2008 »
^^^^ very very nice :D

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #67 on: 18:11, Tue 06 May 2008 »
yeah, the standard airbox is a good design, i'm going for the chatter though, haha. i love the sound.
the seats look well good with the tungy paint. you going with harnesses?

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #68 on: 19:40, Tue 06 May 2008 »
Quote from: "scratcher"
yeah, the standard airbox is a good design, i'm going for the chatter though, haha. i love the sound.
the seats look well good with the tungy paint. you going with harnesses?

Thanks Big Dave and Scratcher :)  yep...  the compressor surge is nice.

I have seen the harnesses I want... (black 3" 4 point) I was about to get them..  but I dont know 100%  whether or not to get them.  I just put the standard seat belt back in on the passenger side..  they work fine with these seats.

The reason I'm unsure is if they will be a bit overkill..as I wont be doing any track days... just road use.  I'm trying to keep it as tastefull as poss.  I will have to think it over...   :idea:

I used the car for the 1st time today with these seats fitted.  It feels like a totally different car now.  You feel the road and how the cars handling directly through your body...  feels like u'r part of the car!  awesome driving it now...  much more fun!   :D

I reckon if you put the standard Reno 5gtt seats on a Porsche GT3 it would feel pants to drive.  My advice to anyone with standard seats....  get some buckets...  it makes a lotta difference to the whole driving experience    8)

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #69 on: 22:25, Tue 20 May 2008 »
finally got to see your pics that computer offshore woudnt load them up shes looking stunning that has got to be one of the cleanest ive ever seen 8)  8)  8)  8)  8)

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #70 on: 18:25, Wed 21 May 2008 »
Quote from: "bazr5gtt"
finally got to see your pics that computer offshore woudnt load them up shes looking stunning that has got to be one of the cleanest ive ever seen 8)  8)  8)  8)  8)

Thanks baz!  I am starting to get that...  'when can I stop spending money on this thing' feelin!   It starts off with ...just one more bit..and then thats it... job done.   But theres always something else  :shock:

Have decided to put this on after all...  as the weathers warming up and to help get the air charge temp down..  and see how it goes..

after this...  I am going to change the brakes to something a bit better.

LEE

• Administrator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.renault5gtturbo.com
(No subject)
« Reply #71 on: 19:05, Wed 21 May 2008 »
The top banner

Am gonna be making it change everytime a page loads and was wondering if I could use a couple of your pics !!
Site Administrator

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #72 on: 19:50, Wed 21 May 2008 »
Quote from: "LEE"
The top banner

Am gonna be making it change everytime a page loads and was wondering if I could use a couple of your pics !!

Hi lee...  yes u'r more than welcome to use any of them  8)

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #73 on: 00:04, Thu 22 May 2008 »
that looks a qaulity kit mate,i know exactly what you mean tho i cant stop buying goodies either :lol:

smithsgtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #74 on: 00:13, Thu 22 May 2008 »
looking really gd now