Author Topic: Thought I'd post a few pics of my 5GTT looking original...  (Read 170761 times)

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Thought I'd post a few pics of my 5GTT looking original...
« Reply #540 on: 09:27, Sun 24 April 2011 »
B E A UTIFUL. 8)

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: 19:43, Sun 01 May 2011 »
Had the hose on the car earlier.. and my car had a rainbow going right the way over the top?  how did that happen  :shock:

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: 22:00, Tue 14 June 2011 »
Little bit of a game plan for the summer..   I'm bored with the metal floor in the back and going to complete the re-trim throughout the rear of the car.   I have a nice Alpine system but I dont want to turn the car into a bump and grind wagon  :lol:   so there wont be any extreme bass or subs in there anywhere.  Just some smaller quality components.

I am going to trim all of the plastics in the back the same as the front in grey suede.. and adding a light weight false floor with a hidden area that will be also covered so wont be seen until the door is lifted.   Thinking of fitting the 4 channel Alpine amp in there so its hidden and then adding some small size (but quality) speakers..  maybe components neatly fitted into the suede trim.  They will be flush with the trim on the rear pillars and also hidden in the floor.

It should all just look like a matching Suede trim when its done.. with a few discreet speakers at an angle towards the front.

How it looks now.. 'before I start'  some speakers I was playing around with positioning..  but just testing where things will go at the moment.

There was some masking tape on the dash whilst I was making these last Sunday afternoon..

Just need to add the red buttons and fit them in and there done.

dj_craig_

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: 22:19, Tue 14 June 2011 »
Stunning! Unbelievably clean 5. Do you actually drive it mate ? I would be scared of getting it  dirty or anything happening to it :-).

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: 18:51, Wed 15 June 2011 »
Quote from: "dj_craig_"
Stunning! Unbelievably clean 5. Do you actually drive it mate ? I would be scared of getting it  dirty or anything happening to it :-).

Thanks craig,  no...I have a trailer..  and when I want to go for a drive...I put it on the back and go for a blast!! haha  :lol:     Yes it does,  but only on good weather days..  I dont even go out myself when its wet and windy   :lol:

dj_craig_

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: 20:25, Wed 15 June 2011 »
Haha ;-) definately one ov the best if not the best I have ever seen.

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: 22:49, Wed 15 June 2011 »
I can't wait to see how this turns out.
Judging from the rest of your work, it won't be any less than perfect  8)

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: 23:05, Wed 15 June 2011 »
Looking good as allways :)

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: 21:45, Tue 21 June 2011 »
cheers guys..  gradually getting the parts together that I need.  

I saw something that I thought would fit in with the rest of the trim at demon tweeks..

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Search.do ... o+footrest

and gave it a try.. thought it was better than a rubber mat   :lol:

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: 22:14, Tue 21 June 2011 »
You've got to much money  :lol:
Loving the carbon though  8)

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: 02:42, Wed 22 June 2011 »
haha... I wish i had half as much a you've got tucked under ur bed in that old biscuit tin..  :wink:

forgot to add 1 ..  just waiting for the bits to get started on the rear trim.. looking forward to starting it.

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: 00:15, Wed 13 July 2011 »
hey mr boost cars looking amazing as always ,that carbon really is looking good changes the whole interior ,thats the way reno should have built it mate !!!!!!!! :D hope alls well your end ,keep the photos coming  :lol:

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: 00:12, Fri 15 July 2011 »
hey bazzer! good to hear from you mate  8)   hope ur getting the time to treat your 5 to lots of shiny bits!  :)

You know what its like..  you start off with a little idea...and it turns into a mammoth project of the 3rd kind..   and its kind of heading that way again..  have a whole lot of things in motion that I hadnt even planned for when I had this little flash of inspiration appear a few weeks ago.. lol.   Time will tell..  but its fun to do...so thats what its all about, just having fun and enjoying a few sunny sunday afternoons playing around  (weather permitting)  :wink:

Hope ur all good matey! take it easy dude.

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: 19:00, Fri 15 July 2011 »
im doin well mate thanks,well ive just got my second wind ,so gonna get to it mate,getting my plans under way to get her painted and finished at last,

no doubt you be doing lots of polishing this summer making your beast shine eve :D n more,i dont think its possible to get your car to shine any more mate ,have you any other plans for her?

enjoy mate keep in touch !!!

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: 18:26, Wed 20 July 2011 »
Quote from: "bazr5gtt"
im doin well mate thanks,well ive just got my second wind ,so gonna get to it mate,getting my plans under way to get her painted and finished at last,

no doubt you be doing lots of polishing this summer making your beast shine eve :D n more,i dont think its possible to get your car to shine any more mate ,have you any other plans for her?

enjoy mate keep in touch !!!

That will be awesome to see your 5 with a fresh new coat of paint  8)  looking forward to seeing how it all looks when its all done 8)

I think I'm all polished out.. lol..  havent been doing much of that lately..  I'm working on the trim this summer..  to finish the interior off.  Have designed the new rear quarter trims.. to house the speakers, been trying to get them fabricated out of carbon fibre..  my carbon guy is all booked up for a while, so waiting to hear from another fabricator at the moment.

After a bit of research, I've gone with Focal component speakers in the end..  they've exceeded my expectations already and thats before I have fitted them  :)   The frames and build quality of the speaker is awesome..  I've heard Focal before and was really amazed how good they sound, so should work out well in the end.  (going for quality sound rather than shaking the car sound lol)

The cones look like carbon fibre (but they are glass fiber)..  and the frames are in the same colour as the car, so will match the trim..