Author Topic: Thought I'd post a few pics of my 5GTT looking original...  (Read 173467 times)

BriC

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #375 on: 21:07, Sun 29 March 2009 »
Cool! May have to give it a go myself. Basically - If it's alright with you - I want to replicate your interior :lol:

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #376 on: 21:13, Sun 29 March 2009 »
Quote from: "BriC"
Cool! May have to give it a go myself. Basically - If it's alright with you - I want to replicate your interior :lol:

No worries,  but wouldnt you prefer to style and design your own ideas..  its what makes it your own  :wink: more fun that way.

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #377 on: 21:22, Sun 29 March 2009 »
Quote from: "GTTboost"
Looking damn good! Did you just glue it on? What are you going to do around the screw holes?

Cheers BriC,  you can buy high temp upholstery glue, which is the best stuff. I've kept all the original screw hole caps I took off.. so will re-use them when it goes back on  8)

Would you be able to point me in the right direction for such a glue?

I want to keep the interior standard on mine but on the rear quarter panels the fabric has come away and started to sag.

BriC

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #378 on: 21:28, Sun 29 March 2009 »

No worries,  but wouldnt you prefer to style and design your own ideas..  its what makes it your own  :wink: more fun that way.

Yes.. I'm not literally going to buy everything you've bought, but I like the choices of colours and materials you have used :)

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #379 on: 21:32, Sun 29 March 2009 »
Quote from: "Ash-Lee"
Looking damn good! Did you just glue it on? What are you going to do around the screw holes?

Cheers BriC,  you can buy high temp upholstery glue, which is the best stuff. I've kept all the original screw hole caps I took off.. so will re-use them when it goes back on  8)

I want to keep the interior standard on mine but on the rear quarter panels the fabric has come away and started to sag.

I got advice from a trimmer...  and used this..  a very strong hold.

http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/p-1554-hi ... esive.aspx

Hope this helps mate.

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #380 on: 22:46, Sun 29 March 2009 »

I got advice from a trimmer...  and used this..  a very strong hold.

http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/p-1554-hi ... esive.aspx

Hope this helps mate.

Thankyou.  8)

Question is, will i be able to remove the carpeting from the rear cards without it stretching out of shape or tearing. Might as well give it a go, there not that great anyway.

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #381 on: 23:07, Sun 29 March 2009 »

Thankyou.  8)

Question is, will i be able to remove the carpeting from the rear cards without it stretching out of shape or tearing. Might as well give it a go, there not that great anyway.

Sorry, no idea,  I've never had to remove the trim on those panels.  I would have thought it would be possible, but would prob tear if you force them as they have been on there for a few decades and the material will also be less stretchy... and more brittle to pull away.

sparkysparks

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #382 on: 23:22, Sun 29 March 2009 »
i cant believe ive only just seen this thread. This car is absolutly amazing, i just read the whole thing.
This car belongs on a plinth for all human eyes to admire.
I bow to you GTTboost!

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #383 on: 23:57, Sun 29 March 2009 »
Cheers sparky..  really appreciate it... well happy with the 5.. and even better that summer is almost here! :)

smithsgtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #384 on: 01:03, Mon 30 March 2009 »
loving how your gettin on mate made me think of doing the plastics in leather now

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #385 on: 01:20, Mon 30 March 2009 »
Quote from: "smithsgtt"
loving how your gettin on mate made me think of doing the plastics in leather now

Thanks mate,  if its a choice between plastic and leather/alcantara...  its a done deal..  8)  looks much nicer.

smithsgtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #386 on: 01:24, Mon 30 March 2009 »
ohhh well i can see the look i will get when i come home with leather to do the plastics lol

done a load all ready but still wanting to do more

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #387 on: 01:34, Mon 30 March 2009 »
Quote from: "smithsgtt"
ohhh well i can see the look i will get when i come home with leather to do the plastics lol

done a load all ready but still wanting to do more

haha..   thats why we love these cars.. always something to play around with on them  8)

smithsgtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #388 on: 01:38, Mon 30 March 2009 »
yip you can say that again mate lol

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #389 on: 16:49, Mon 30 March 2009 »
hey gttboost looking the nuts mate 8)