Author Topic: Thought I'd post a few pics of my 5GTT looking original...  (Read 173263 times)

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #345 on: 00:54, Sun 15 March 2009 »
It's the section around the rear window thats the hardest to remove, it can crack very easily as you have to bend it slightly to get it free from the window.

BriC

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #346 on: 01:21, Sun 15 March 2009 »
Oh god. The thought of it gets me excited.

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #347 on: 10:48, Sun 15 March 2009 »
Waiting to order the bits I need to trim those plastics...  today would have been the perfect day with the sun out tho.

Been getting the engine in shape..  but cant decide yet if I'm going for more red hoses?  This is it now...

and this is my attempt at drawing them on!  :lol:  thinking more could work...  but it could be over kill..  :?:

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #348 on: 15:38, Sun 15 March 2009 »
hey gttboost,your car just keeps gettin better every time i see it 8)  8) gonna look sweet with the retrim,i think you should go for the hose kit,it really finishes off the engine bay and there much better than the originals dont want a split hose after all that work :wink:

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #349 on: 16:54, Sun 15 March 2009 »
I think it looks fantastisch as it is. Or maybe black silicone. The red would be a little ott in my opinion :)

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #350 on: 17:58, Sun 15 March 2009 »
Quote from: "bazr5gtt"
hey gttboost,your car just keeps gettin better every time i see it 8)  8) gonna look sweet with the retrim,i think you should go for the hose kit,it really finishes off the engine bay and there much better than the originals dont want a split hose after all that work :wink:

Thanks baz,

I am hearing you with it finishing the engine bay..  its just a fine line to not go over kill..    :?:   I think I will go for it..  can always try and see..  if it looks like a explosion in a samco factory I'll just take a few off  :lol:

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #351 on: 18:01, Sun 15 March 2009 »
Quote from: "scratcher"
I think it looks fantastisch as it is. Or maybe black silicone. The red would be a little ott in my opinion :)

I was thinking the same the other day about putting black on..  but if ur going to spend a few pennies..  might as well make it look different I spose  :wink:  thanks on the opinions mate.

blueredblue2008

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #352 on: 20:33, Sun 15 March 2009 »
hi bud me been looking through your build over time and what an absolutly cracking motor bud top marks to you soner  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

hows the fit on those door cards as i've been thinking bout doing the carbon type interior mate,are they screwed on?

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #353 on: 22:05, Sun 15 March 2009 »
Quote from: "blueredblue2008"
hi bud me been looking through your build over time and what an absolutly cracking motor bud top marks to you soner  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

hows the fit on those door cards as i've been thinking about doing the carbon type interior mate,are they screwed on?

Hey blueredblue,  you get the carbon supplied cut to shape but without any fixings, you can then either screw them in or any way you prefer..  but they fit perfectly and finish the doors off nicely.

Thanks for ur comments mate  8)

blueredblue2008

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #354 on: 22:11, Sun 15 March 2009 »
mmmm im more interested in them now :lol:  :lol:  :lol: ,you should your hoses in red mate av got red and blue at the mo but going out all red as they go with the silver bay

sonic-jdm

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #355 on: 21:28, Tue 17 March 2009 »
go for red fella, :wink:  but then again black would look good aswel, like you said may as well pay money to look different. keep your other ones you take off just in case 8)

if you do decide to go back to black then look on the bright side its easy to sell red hoses then black ones :wink: sorted :P

O one more thing just been reading your build and your car is MINT! in that condition il be scared of driving it or having a old lady driver behind me :?  :lol:

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #356 on: 21:33, Tue 17 March 2009 »
Cheers guys,  Deffo going to get the red samcos..  I have seen some engine bays with a real speghetti pile of coloured hoses, I'll use a few but wont go over kill. Cheers.. for helping with my dilemma ;)

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #357 on: 22:46, Wed 18 March 2009 »
you know it makes sense, :lol: are you gonna get a full set,it doesnt look that bad i have all my hoses in blue and when i pull off the bonnet its like opening a treasure chest,people are blown away by how it looks samcos and chrome mmmmmmmm :lol:

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #358 on: 23:06, Wed 18 March 2009 »
Quote from: "bazr5gtt"
you know it makes sense, :lol: are you gonna get a full set,it doesnt look that bad i have all my hoses in blue and when i pull off the bonnet its like opening a treasure chest,people are blown away by how it looks samcos and chrome mmmmmmmm :lol:

Yours is transformed with all ur new hoses  :wink:  looks quality.. I'll pop some more on soon as the interior is sorted out.. i'll have to work out what ones I need.. or get a kit  :wink:

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #359 on: 11:03, Thu 19 March 2009 »
sound bud keep us posted,cant wait to see that interior finished  8)