Author Topic: Thought I'd post a few pics of my 5GTT looking original...  (Read 173631 times)

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #315 on: 15:41, Mon 23 February 2009 »
Quote from: "DanielSon-gtt"
I Droped A Subject Up Last Week About What Wheels Because I Couldnt Decide Been Thinking About Black Wheels For A Wial And Its Been Growing On Me Soo Going To Go For Black Hopfully Ill Find A Set Of Turbines That Need Referb So I Wont Have To Ruin a Nice Set

Your Red Carpet Is Blinding Looks Apsalut Fresh As a Daisy

I Really Need a Standard Spoiler Back On Mine Looks So Much Beter Than The After Market Litter I Got Clinging On The Back Of Mine

Good Job On The Five Mate The More I Look At It The More I Fall In Love :lol:

I saw a set of Ronal Turbo wheels painted in black with the raised 'Ronal Turbo' lettering left in polished alloy....and a polished lip around the edge of the wheel...  they looked trick!   Thats what I was planning before I got these... just an idea...and it will be different...  I saw them on a MK1 golf that was in Germany...   looks the dogs doodles!  8)

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #316 on: 15:49, Mon 23 February 2009 »
Quote from: "Ash-Lee"
I'm amazed it's still that clean this time of year, i should post a picture of mine as a contrast. You can't even see the numberplate on the back, but theres not much i can do because i live in a small village and have to use the filthy lanes to get home. :(

How do you get on with the steering wheel? Does it leave you with black palms?

Haha... thats handy having plates like that when you go past a speed camera... that must be a nightmare to keep it clean...  you need some anti-mud-sticking-paint  :D

Black palms?  :lol:   No...   well happy with the wheel...its nice soft suede and feels good..   its made the steering more responsive...  I rate it one of the best things I've done so far to the car..  makes the whole car feel better and more fun to drive 10/10.

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #317 on: 18:26, Mon 23 February 2009 »
Quote from: "GTTboost"
I'm amazed it's still that clean this time of year, i should post a picture of mine as a contrast. You can't even see the numberplate on the back, but theres not much i can do because i live in a small village and have to use the filthy lanes to get home. :(

Haha... thats handy having plates like that when you go past a speed camera... that must be a nightmare to keep it clean...  you need some anti-mud-sticking-paint  :D

Black palms?  :lol:   No...   well happy with the wheel...its nice soft suede and feels good..   its made the steering more responsive...  I rate it one of the best things I've done so far to the car..  makes the whole car feel better and more fun to drive 10/10.

It's a nice wheel, the reason i asked was i've heard suede steering wheels can rub off and leave your palms black.

Must just be the really sweaty people that have issues with them.  :lol:

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #318 on: 19:04, Mon 23 February 2009 »
Quote from: "GTTboost"

It's a nice wheel, the reason i asked was i've heard suede steering wheels can rub off and leave your palms black.

Must just be the really sweaty people that have issues with them.  :lol:

Haha..  yeh..  I think ur right...  I was going to say the same thing.. luckily I dont have sweaty palms..  but u could be right I havent noticed anything yet though.  I've had a suede steering wheel in a few other cars with no probs.  I've seen sweaty people corrode the metal plating off the gear changers before..  there are some very corrosive people out there!  :lol:  

In there deffence...  if your racing for hrs on end on a hot day..  u prob would drip all over the place  :lol:

DanielSon-gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #319 on: 19:31, Mon 23 February 2009 »
I saw a set of Ronal Turbo wheels painted in black with the raised 'Ronal Turbo' lettering left in polished alloy....and a polished lip around the edge of the wheel...  they looked trick!   Thats what I was planning before I got these... just an idea...and it will be different...  I saw them on a MK1 golf that was in Germany...   looks the dogs doodles!  8)

I Was Seriously Thinking About Geting a Set Of Ronal Turbos But Sort Of Gone Off Them Now As Im Not Looking For A Euro Look
I Have a Set Of Venoms At The Moment Just Need a Change
Go Boost Or Go Home

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #320 on: 15:15, Sat 28 February 2009 »
Keep looking at my standard alloys and thinking about painting them to match the car with a silver lip..   I had them professionally refurbed and didnt like the silver they came back with.  So just had a play... I ran out of paint   :? ...so only managed to do 2! have some more paint on order for next week...  

Heres a before and after...

after...  (they edge is still masked up but it will be silver)

colour match...

I'll keep the 15's and just have a swap about now and again   :)

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #321 on: 00:24, Sun 01 March 2009 »
They look horrible!

But what you need to do is finish all 4 of them, and give them to me. :D

Seriously though, i had this idea for mine i reckon they would look nice against the red.

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #322 on: 09:20, Sun 01 March 2009 »
They look horrible!

But what you need to do is finish all 4 of them, and give them to me. :D

Seriously though, i had this idea for mine i reckon they would look nice against the red.

Cheers bud   :D   The place the reconned them in silver suggested doing them grey with a silver lip a year ago..  it wasnt till I got them back in silver I wish I had done them like they said..  If they dont look that good on the car..  I'll keep them as spares.  I'm still not sure how they'll look on the car but need to find out or i'll keep wondering  :?:   Just been waiting 24hrs before laquering them up..  and need a bit more paint for the others.

Yeh,  I think on any colour they will look good..  looks like 2009 is the year of the grey and silver lip.

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #323 on: 14:12, Sun 01 March 2009 »
Just stuck them on to see what they look like...

I'm staying with the 15's .. I think they suit the car better...

also...doing a back to back comparison..  the car feels like jelly on a plate compared to the 15s..  it feels a lot more planted and I could feel myself needing to be carefull when corning..  so the 15s have there job back..  :)   happy tweeking peoples  :wink:

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #324 on: 14:45, Sun 01 March 2009 »
They look really smart.

I imagine the ruined handling might be down to the flex in the tyre walls on the standard 'balloons'

When i corner in mine i can feel it, that slight wobble when you first turn in. Push it a bit harder and you can get the back end sliding slightly for a 'shit your pants' ride.

Let go of the loud pedal at this point and you can get it backwards into a hedge, not recommended.

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #325 on: 15:23, Sun 01 March 2009 »
hey gttboost,wheels are looking sweet bud love the colour and the two tone 8)

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #326 on: 16:32, Sun 01 March 2009 »
They look really smart.

I imagine the ruined handling might be down to the flex in the tyre walls on the standard 'balloons'

When i corner in mine i can feel it, that slight wobble when you first turn in. Push it a bit harder and you can get the back end sliding slightly for a 'shit your pants' ride.

Let go of the loud pedal at this point and you can get it backwards into a hedge, not recommended.

Cheers ash,  yeah...I think ur spot on with that..  I forgot how well a set of low profiles perform..  they are like space hoppers compared to the 15's..lol..   I know what you mean about the 'SYP's' ride!  :lol:

I just took them off and put the 15's back on...  

...but pleased with how they turned out...I'm still going to finish the others as its good to have another option.

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #327 on: 16:36, Sun 01 March 2009 »
Quote from: "bazr5gtt"
hey gttboost,wheels are looking sweet bud love the colour and the two tone 8)

Cheers bazr, urs is catching up fast... u sure ur not sponsored by Lucazade?   with the speed u get things done  :D

I have just come up with another plan for what to do about wheels...  I'll see if it works out 1st  :idea:

James5

• Test
  • Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #328 on: 16:56, Sun 01 March 2009 »
Mate those 13's look so sexy but as you say just crap on the handling I think you can get a 195/45/13 tyre from dunlop well you could a few years back as Steve had a set on his old tungy looked proper nice

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #329 on: 17:15, Sun 01 March 2009 »
Quote from: "Jame5_GTT"
Mate those 13's look so sexy but as you say just crap on the handling I think you can get a 195/45/13 tyre from dunlop well you could a few years back as Steve had a set on his old tungy looked proper nice

Cheers bud,  when I went out to take them off I really thought they looked good... but I know I have the best wheels on now after how it handled.  Yep..   I found some 195/45/13 and thought about it... but low profiles on small wheels just look lame..  the chubby tyres actually suit the car on those wheels...  they just dont work lol.  Thanks for letting me know tho... it was a good tip! I think the best tyres are the ones Hoolio has gone for...  the r888.