Author Topic: Thought I'd post a few pics of my 5GTT looking original...  (Read 173129 times)

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #150 on: 00:09, Wed 04 June 2008 »
hey gttboost where did you purchase that hose insert from,im looking to get one just missed one on ebay on sunday  :(

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #151 on: 00:14, Wed 04 June 2008 »
Quote from: "bazr5gtt"
hey gttboost where did you purchase that hose insert from,im looking to get one just missed one on ebay on sunday  :(

I have a box of bits I have been putting on bit by bit...(I still have bits and bobs I havent put on yet)  I had bits from old projects... but this is a GT Tuning part....I dont think they make them anymore...but might be worth a call?   If not you should be able to get one made pretty easy...its just a 45deg bend.

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #152 on: 00:20, Wed 04 June 2008 »
cheers gttboost i heard that they stopped selling them ill maybe give them a shout cheers

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #153 on: 23:09, Wed 04 June 2008 »
Was going to stick the rear badge on at the weekend..  but before I knew it..I was out there in the dark doing it tonight instead  :twisted:  ...used my standard boot badge and modified it to suit the new colour scheme... pleased with how it tuned out  8)

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #154 on: 00:20, Thu 05 June 2008 »
very nice 8) i just bought the chrome one from cgb looks well smart looks original but modern if that makes sense :lol:

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #155 on: 00:59, Thu 05 June 2008 »
very nice 8) i just bought the chrome one from cgb looks well smart looks original but modern if that makes sense :lol:

Cheers baz, I know the one you have...  that will look coolio when its on  8)   I dulled this one down a bit with a bit of grey in it so it blends in a bit more..  I started painting it all grey but then you couldnt see it..  :lol: also tried grey and black lettering... but didnt like that either.. but seems ok now..  8)

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #156 on: 22:55, Thu 05 June 2008 »
looks well cool fits in perfect with the rest of the car 8)

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.oxfordshirechauffeurs.com
(No subject)
« Reply #157 on: 08:48, Sat 07 June 2008 »
this car is just getting better and better

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #158 on: 17:27, Sat 07 June 2008 »
Quote from: "dazzleandshine"
this car is just getting better and better

Thanks baz and dazz.

Had to delay fitting the chargecooler..  will be done soon tho.

Have the brakes ready for going on...   they should work better and look huge next to the smaller ones on there now.. should fill up the gap inside those wheels nicely and anodised so they will stay shiny and not rust away  8)

Ordered another bit today...  this isnt good...   I have banned myself from ordering anything else for a while  :!:

Arturas-zender

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.emusic.lt
(No subject)
« Reply #159 on: 17:35, Sat 07 June 2008 »
what can I say.. it is absolutely awsome..  :wink:

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.oxfordshirechauffeurs.com
(No subject)
« Reply #160 on: 23:11, Sat 07 June 2008 »
like i said earlier it just gets better and better this car..... just check out them lovely big brakes

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #161 on: 23:05, Mon 09 June 2008 »
there gonna stop you bud were did you get that kit from  8)

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #162 on: 23:49, Mon 09 June 2008 »
there gonna stop you bud were did you get that kit from  8)

Hey bazr...  CRN.  I got the last kit from them as well.. but decided to go for the bigger kit this time see how they feel.

My car doors have some movement in the door pins...  so getting those sorted in a few days... noticed them slightly catching more lately... so time to get them sorted.

Got a better head unit now...with dvd player on the front.. hope to have that in soonish...but not a priority...  the one in there works ok for now...but needed changing as it had a flip down front and crazy patterns on the display when it was playing that i didnt like much....it didnt fit in with the rest of the interior so its days were numbered   :wink:

Stripped out more plastics out the back of the car now... so more polished paint on display.. looks better now  :twisted:   still a lot planned for the interior...  but dont want to rush it...its coming along slowly. Should be good when its finshed... in about 10 years.

8)

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #163 on: 08:45, Tue 10 June 2008 »
What are your goals for the car ??
I knew mine from the start, over 200 bhp & a drag car in the 13's :)

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #164 on: 16:57, Tue 10 June 2008 »
Quote from: "GTTBoy"
What are your goals for the car ??
I knew mine from the start, over 200 bhp & a drag car in the 13's :)

When I bought it...to restore it into a 1st class factory example.

I just do what I think of on the day now...  :lol:  no goals... long as its fun and reliable thats all I want from it..  it wasnt meant to get this messed around with.. I restored it to near factory spec....now I've butchered it again... but I would be bored otherwise.. lol.