Author Topic: my 5 before restoration!!!  (Read 97936 times)

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #75 on: 16:58, Fri 06 June 2008 »
finally some colour under the bonnet

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #76 on: 17:00, Fri 06 June 2008 »

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #77 on: 17:01, Fri 06 June 2008 »
i think thats just about time for the engine :lol:

Benl

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #78 on: 21:05, Fri 06 June 2008 »
top post made made for a very good read, where did you get your front pannel from and how hard was it to fit , di the front pull a part or move ??

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #79 on: 21:43, Fri 06 June 2008 »
hi benl,thanks for your comments :D i put on the front end in pieces the drivers headlight panel and the passenger headlight panel/inner wing were seperate from the front slam panel both the head light panels were from renault and the slam panel was from beevers panels they have got a web site they are really cheap and fit really well,but if your car needs the whole front end eg with crossmember you can buy the whole panel with the headlight panels and slam panel in one from renault for about £110,the slam panel was easy to remove as was the headlight panels they are just spot welded they are easly drilled or body chisled off,if your doin the whole front end you will have to be carefull seperating that inner wings as you can see by my posts i had to replace the drivers side with one from another car hence its red,hope this is helpfull to you dont hesitate to ask any more questions if you get stuck cheers baz

Benl

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #80 on: 22:08, Fri 06 June 2008 »
cool stuff, im going to be putting all new parts on mine very soon and im a welder by trade so looking forward to the work just was worried about the front moving when cut. But if yours has been ok then fingers crossed i have the same luck :)

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #81 on: 00:59, Sat 07 June 2008 »
no probs benl,if you leave the cross member on theres no movement because that and the sub frame hold it steady you must always fit wings and bonnet tho to get the true alignement and all your gaps correct then i just vise gripped everything and you know yourself just a couple of tacks and then away you go :D it is very satisfying building a car from the ground up,is yours really rotten at the front or is it not bad? youll have to post some before and after pics mate 8)

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #82 on: 01:16, Sat 07 June 2008 »
got amint boot tonight from my local scrappy total bargain £15 just needs painted black :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Benl

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #83 on: 07:12, Sat 07 June 2008 »
iv put a couple of pics of my front on my post mate, its not got alot of rot on the front panel it had just a bit under the head light panel on both sides and a dent on one side were some knob backed into the car and never told me :(

im only going to change it top part so i lose the dent as i no it dont show but i no its there lol

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #84 on: 23:07, Mon 09 June 2008 »
cool stuff i looked on yourpost at the photos looking good keep us posted

Maître Janium

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pcaltd.co.uk
(No subject)
« Reply #85 on: 21:15, Tue 10 June 2008 »
Wow, it was so much to do ! You saved it, well done :wink:
Live free and drive fast ...

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #86 on: 18:41, Fri 13 June 2008 »
Hows the beast going baz?   :)

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #87 on: 19:41, Fri 20 June 2008 »
thanks guys ive just got back from lanzarote so hopefully get back to it next week,my oil cooler arrived today from cgb looking good,i won a fibre glass bonnet from ebay but missed the courior cos i was away so have to pay postage again  :( never mind will be here on monday,gonna start putting her back together soon though she will be starting to take shape :D

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #88 on: 22:43, Wed 02 July 2008 »
hey guys no photos yet still offshore cant wait to get back to it got a fibreglass bonnet delivered last week tho nice and lite :lol:

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #89 on: 00:27, Thu 03 July 2008 »
Quote from: "bazr5gtt"
hey guys no photos yet still offshore cant wait to get back to it got a fibreglass bonnet delivered last week tho nice and lite :lol:

Good to hear your still getting bits sorted even when u'r out in the middle of nowhere  :D   you've deff put in a ton of effort mate...hats off to u  :wink:   post up some more update pics when ur back  :)