Author Topic: my 5 before restoration!!!  (Read 141783 times)

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: my 5 before restoration!!!
« Reply #420 on: 07:32, Thu 14 July 2011 »
YES! I've been waiting for some updates on your car Baz.
And the more photos the better 8)

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 10:54, Thu 14 July 2011 »
cheers lads ,hey dan see your new to the forum,what colour is your 5 mate,at last a local 5 enthuisast  :lol:

crail sounds good to me  :lol: really want to rattle on with it away to build my carb today with my new jets and rebuild kit ,photos to follow scratcher :lol:

hows the phase1 coming along scrather ?

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 14:00, Thu 14 July 2011 »
well thats the carb built just got to get it on and set up,

carb spec as follows-
120 main
1.4 second stage
1.0 1st stage
1.9 needle jet
0.9 a/c

will try this out and see what results i get,thanks 5teve L for advice 8)

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 14:02, Thu 14 July 2011 »

Dan5

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 14:06, Thu 14 July 2011 »
I've got a white one thats on the road and a silver one thats getting alot of work done to it.

When did you last have your 5 on the road? i've not seen one going about here for ages the last one i seen was a tungsten grey parked up in langstracht

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: 16:20, Thu 14 July 2011 »
carb is looking good and way to clean  :D

did you drill out the needle jet yourself or did you buy one from german ebay?

I am interested in seeing if you had drilled it, as I have read in a few articles that is a little awkward for it to seal properly after drilling..... so I was going to be lazy and just buy one

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 23:10, Thu 14 July 2011 »
hey dan cool mate i havent seen you goin around unless its the white pearl? mines has been garaged for about a year and a half ,somebody tried to steal it and bent the drivers door open so looking for a mint one,managed to get a passenger of a prima absolutely perfecto so looking for somethig the same,

yes that tungy is my pals i just stay at the bottom of the langstracht too,my other pal has one too just 100 yards fom where the tungy sat,his bro owns a black pulser its sitting in the garden cant miss it

have to geta swatch at yer motors bud ,do you use it as a daily driver ?

also theres a blue one kicking about aswell sounds pretty quick aswell see it a few times

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 23:17, Thu 14 July 2011 »
hey phase 2 tungy,cheers mate ,i know had a we got with the buff ,will go with the chrome under the bonnet  :lol:

yes i did drill the standard one from 1.7 to 1.9,i cleaned it out and then check for it sealing there was a small leak so all i did was turn it over and gave it a tap until it sealed as the needle is brass too and it worked no problem ,not sure if i would be so lucky if i had to drill it to 2.0mm,

the second stage drilled no problem either thank good ,didnt want to damage it or drill too much either,so once i get back from offshore im gonna get it on and see what its like,ive got a t28 to go on to in the procees of putting it back together ,and then get her set up and see what the figures are

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 00:17, Fri 15 July 2011 »
I should have checked ur post sooner..  seeing some nice shiney bits there!!  I knew you would have a few!!  :lol:

Carb looks fantastic  8)   cant believe how much work you have done to bring yours upto the level it is now..  even renault didnt put in that much effort to build it to start with  :lol:  

keep us posted.

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 19:03, Fri 15 July 2011 »
cheers mr boost glad to see you still have the best 5 in the country ,just want to get it finished now ,and enjoy it and of course keep the thieves away too,as i said see what the carb goes like once i get the t28 on and set up ,steve L reckons to aim for 21 psi to start with and see what i get so fingers crossed shes a fire breather  :lol:

Dan5

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 20:32, Fri 15 July 2011 »
Hey Baz no I don't use it as a daily driver I do try and drive it as much as I can when its not raining. I'm going to be up in stockhill tomorrow helping my brother with his pug so if your going about and see the 5 come over and you can have a look at her.

Whats the plans for your mates 5?

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 20:57, Fri 15 July 2011 »
The carb looks great dude. So you're on the power hunt now  :D  Good stuff.
Steve knows a thing or two about the jets. The guide he made is really handy.

My phase 1 is still there  :lol:  I've got a few new piccies to post up soon  :)

Good luck on your door hunt bud!

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 00:39, Sat 16 July 2011 »
hey dan,damn i just went offshore today ,or i would have popped over for a yap and a scan of your motor,ill give you a shout when im home im only gonna be away a week at the most mate.Im the same mate keep it outta the rain ,plan is to just get the thing properly finished and rolling roaded and she what shes spitting out,hopefully get some decent figures from the bb tuning engine i built,and have some fun  :D wouldnt mind qaurter miling it against my evo !!!!!!!

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 00:46, Sat 16 July 2011 »
cheers scratcher ,it has come out better than expected ,as long as it performs as good as it looks,cant be worse than the one thats on my car, :lol: yeh steve pointed me in ther right direction,and his guide is invaluable to anybody with a 5

when i started to build the 5 power was the priority in mind ,it ended up needing more work than i first anticipated  :lol: looking forward to seeing the final product mate its been a long time

glad to hear the beast is still getting treated well :D ,look forward to your pics bud ,great to see projects moving forward

fingers crossed i hit the scrappy one day ,and there will be the freshest door in history just waiting for me  :lol:  :lol: ,if only !!!!!!

Dan5

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 10:49, Sun 17 July 2011 »
Hey baz what is it you do offshore? I've just recently started working offshore too