Author Topic: mods for power?  (Read 1550 times)

Rossyboy99

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
mods for power?
« on: 22:39, Sun 18 November 2007 »
right i want to run about 170 to 180 on my 5 what sort of bits will i need and with that will i require an uprated intercooler or could i just strap the one thats in there already i'd like to do it on a budget, so if i can save bits thats good but can i have a list off someone for bits i'd need for 170+ nothing to high so around the 170 mark cheers.

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 08:27, Mon 19 November 2007 »
Speak to Gary (Nayls)  he will point you in the right direction & he lives near you i believe, but to give an idea....

Fueling needs to be sorted, better intercooler wouldn't go a miss but you may get away with strapping & removing the thermo flap in the standard intercooler, bigger turbo is a must i'm afraid so budget for that, you can pick up turbo's pretty cheap new if you know where to look ;)
Thats about it, but the carb will need re-jetting before you turn the boost up or the engine will let go, if it has the original standard headgasket it may pop anyway though due to age so maybe budget for a H/G as well.

HTH

Steve

PS  can you please post up in the right sections from now on, there is a section for these type of Q's    ;)

Rossyboy99

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
sorry will do
« Reply #2 on: 13:13, Mon 19 November 2007 »
sorry will do from now, car has a hybrid turbo and uprated head already so thats good news i'll speak to the lad by me and hopefully get it sorted cheers for help.

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 16:25, Mon 19 November 2007 »
You may also need an uprated clutch as well.

Rossyboy99

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
lol
« Reply #4 on: 16:27, Mon 19 November 2007 »
lol not much point now think its fooked i put it all in another post not good news

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=34
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 22:34, Mon 24 December 2007 »
You need a Dump valve that will give 100000bhp just by fitting it pitsssssssh LOL. Sorry a little drunk it is xmas eve.