Author Topic: What do you think..  (Read 2052 times)

frog

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
What do you think..
« on: 20:56, Wed 17 October 2007 »
I'm considering buying this car and hopefully viewing it over the weekend.
From the description and from emailling the bloke everything sound good.
Please have a look and let me know what you think before i go ahead with it.He wants 800 to end the auction early

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=007

Heres some of the replies i've had to my questions

Hi, the car has a ad in the window for a 1000ono, and in my opinion it will need a front wheel bearing for the next mot, all sills are in good nick, no welding is needed. the alarm is a cat 1 alarm but it does not have a certifcate
hi, theres a full set of alloys on the car and i have a spare set you can have for a good price, yes the passenger seat is different, the price make me a offer

I think it sounds genuine but what do you all think.
I had a quote of about 100 for the passenger seat / rear seats & carpets

NaylsGTT

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 22:36, Wed 17 October 2007 »
i'd be a bit cautious & have a good look at it,as if he's bullshitting about having a t4 turbo on it then there's no limit to the shit he could spout out.

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 10:02, Thu 18 October 2007 »
As above, have a GOOD long look round the car & see if you can drive it as well, don't forget to get under it & have a good look near the sills, most of the sills are covered by the kit & MOT stations aren't allowed to pull the kit off.....but if they see any rust near the seatbelt mounting points they'll fail it & no doubt when you pull the sideskirts off there will be more rust to sort. Around the front suspension turrets is another biggy as well for rust, where they join the inner wing.

frog

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 14:03, Thu 18 October 2007 »
Update.
I've spoken to the bloke and to be honest i'm not convinced that everything is as it should be.
i asked him to describe the car and he just said the same as the ebay advert but when i asked him about the parts he had described (T4 turbo, uprated clutch/head gasket etc) he didn't know anything about them, he couldn't tell me when thy were fitted, who by and couldn't answer , what i considered, to be easy questions.
Why would you remove the carpet to save weight??
I think that with 4 holes in the roof the inside has got wet, hence no back seat or carpet.
I think i'll steer clear of this one.
The search continues.....

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 17:26, Thu 18 October 2007 »
Yeah, leave it, go on 1st instincts mate,but  FYI i have no rear seats, no seatbelts, no under carpet lagging,no spare wheel or cage, no passenger seat & my car doesn't leak water ;) , it does save weight, i even swapped my electric windows for winders to save weight as well. :lol:

frog

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 19:04, Thu 18 October 2007 »
Quote from: "GTTBoy"
Yeah, leave it, go on 1st instincts mate,but  FYI i have no rear seats, no seatbelts, no under carpet lagging,no spare wheel or cage, no passenger seat & my car doesn't leak water ;) , it does save weight, i even swapped my electric windows for winders to save weight as well. :lol:

Yeah but i doubt your car has 4 holes in the roof where a spoiler has been removed and the holes left open  :shock:

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 20:14, Thu 18 October 2007 »
Erm no.... i haven't gone that far to save weight... lol.

RickGTT

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: 20:42, Thu 18 October 2007 »
i think it sounds a bit iffy as anyone who owns/modifies a 5 pritty much will know the car inside out or at least have some understanding of it.

as fot the t4 turbo :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

in my opion i would let this one go as there a still quite a few 5's about
theres a little 5 in all of us