Author Topic: Mechanic needed  (Read 2250 times)

puggingalong

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
Mechanic needed
« on: 10:19, Wed 17 October 2007 »
Hi

Does anyone know of a decent renault mechanic or garage to help me maintain my Gt Turbo I have just bought. I live in the Windsor area near Heathrow. I have overheating issues with the car at mo and want to take it to someone who knows what they are doing?. :?

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 11:15, Wed 17 October 2007 »
Does the fan work, has it got water in it??

Check these things 1st as you can do these yourself, the fan should come on around the 3rd bar aon the temp gauge or if it has a low temp stat around the 2nd (halfway) .

If it's loosing water then check hoses & see if you have mayo type stuff under the oil cap, mayo = headgasket if you're loosing water & can't find a leak.

puggingalong

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 11:49, Thu 18 October 2007 »
Thanks for the feedback. I personally think its the water pump playing up as removed the thermostat and run but the water isn't circulating as temp sensor area and water in expansion bottle all cold even though engine overheating. No oil and water mix.
I am just wondering who best person or place is to maintain these near me as I will need to visit a mechanic or workshop sooner or later now that I have one of these.

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 12:47, Thu 18 October 2007 »
If you joined the RTOC there is a member near you (i think) that would prob be able to help (again, i think), he is The Master online & his name is Colin.
If you were a bit closer i'd have come up but i'm down in West Sussex mate.

puggingalong

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 14:35, Thu 18 October 2007 »
I have Colin coming out next week to take a look at the car. Now that it seems a few people have heard of him I will probably use him for the up keep of the car.
It is a H reg Raider but it needs a lot of TLC which I am good at. Hopefully if all starts running ok then I will start to restore the car. I am already remove all the bodykit and bumpers to get to all those areas where rust could start up then will clean, treat and underseal all those hidden areas and refit the kit. Also have all the interior in tatters so will need to work on putting that right.
My biggest concern will be the drivers seat being worn. I would somehow like to restore the drivers seat as want to keep the Raider blue flecks in the seats. I haven't figured out how I am going to address that as it is a little worn on the bottom part of the back rest also with the flecks on the area.
I hope to keep this as a full box standard Raider as like factory original models.

frog

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 17:06, Thu 18 October 2007 »
Give Bob a call or email him at www.cbgmotorsport.com.
He might be able to help you out.
http://www.cgbmotorsport.com

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 17:29, Thu 18 October 2007 »
Quote from: "frog"
Give Bob a call or email him at www.cbgmotorsport.com.
He might be able to help you out.
http://www.cgbmotorsport.com

Yep, he's prob got some seats as well.