Author Topic: Jumping out of second, Simple or sinister  (Read 1931 times)

chrisxr2

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
Jumping out of second, Simple or sinister
« on: 17:05, Mon 26 May 2014 »
Right have had a good old nose on here, google and rtoc The answers that have come up have been below,

My queston is, car does not crunch and happily goes into second up and down the box. Contacted the guy i bought it from and he swears it didnt do it before and all he has done is fit a new gear knob and gator, i find it hard to believe this is the cause. How do you check the linkage as correct or not?? DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY OTHE IDEAS??  Wasnt expecting to buy quite such a project but hey ho.

One guy had knackered engine steadies, One gu had cracked crank casing and below is the result that comes up from searching on here answered in 2007.

Well it's one of 2 things mate, either the linkage has been off the bottom of the gearstick at some point & not put back on in the right place, it only needs to be out by a cm or so...... or, & it's prob this, your box is knackered, one of my old boxes did this years ago & it's fast changes from 1st to 2nd that do the boxes in, mashes the syncro mesh i think.
If you can put up with it do, but maybe try to source a decent box in the meantime & a new clutch to put in, it may last years but its up to you.
LIFE MOVES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DON\'T STOP AND LOOK AROUND ONCE IN A WHILE, YOU COULD MISS IT.