Author Topic: remote central locking and wiring  (Read 4720 times)

nate

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
remote central locking and wiring
« on: 22:19, Wed 15 January 2014 »
hi all, i need to do something about my remote locking, the car has been delocked but i dont have the fob for the remote locking, i have read about changing the ir sensor unit with one from another 5 that has the fob, if i do that do i just have to unplug the old unit then plug in the new unit?

my other problem is the wiring around the ignition, how do i hotwire the car? only kidding, i do have ignition problems thou, is there anyone local to me (redditch) who could spare me half hour and compare my wiring to theirs?

i have bought the car as a project, and where i am capable of the mechanical  side of the project, the electrics are something that i have never got to grasp with, thanks, nat

James5

• Test
  • Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: remote central locking and wiring
« Reply #1 on: 23:07, Wed 15 January 2014 »
You will need the matching receiver for the roof console and the key fob sensor, earlier clio's also used the same system and some other renaults aswell so a few more options for you. 

Ref hot wiring it's a 5 honestly only a couple of wire's lol,  if you have igniiton barrel problems best just to get hold of a descent one from any 5 be it gtt or base model with key

nate

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23:20, Wed 15 January 2014 »
thanks for that, regarding the wires, its a mess, i was thinking about changing the looms and starting fresh, things have been cut, taped together, added. not pretty

nate

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17:38, Thu 16 January 2014 »
If anyone has the it sensor with working fob I will be interested in buying it

James5

• Test
  • Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21:31, Fri 17 January 2014 »
Your best bet is to contact Mike @ GTTurbo spares he will have 2nd hand or brand new part's that you need

nate

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:00, Sat 18 January 2014 »
Thanks James, I have concocted him he said e had a couple in stock but they need testing, just thought I'd see if someone else had got one knocking about