Author Topic: Clio GT Turbo  (Read 2137 times)

adeathfromadove

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
Clio GT Turbo
« on: 12:18, Mon 08 July 2013 »
Hi guys just converted 1.4 clio to the gt turbo engine. I have had a couple of issues which have been resolved (steering column and rack and some other issues with have been overcome. My current problem is the electrics, I know what needs to be wired up but it doesnt seem to be working. At the moment the starter motor is being tempermental, where it wont turn the engine. It makes the click sound a couple of times, then when trying again it makes no noise, and then clicks etc... I think its an electrical fault.
Also I was told that the gearbox has its own earth, but surely the engine earths it, if so would this make a difference if I hooked up an earth?
If the starter isnt turning by tonight I'm going to bump start the engine, as the flywheel might be a little stuck (engine does turn but has been sat for around a year).
HELP!

(TDC sensor is now wired up)

Is there any other earths I need to know about?

sparkysparks

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Clio GT Turbo
« Reply #1 on: 12:18, Tue 09 July 2013 »
Good battery and a good earth are a good starting point.
Check both those, then if still no luck try bumping, it could be the solenoid on the starter itself.
Also check the connections on the starter, i know i knocked off the smaller one and it did this.

adeathfromadove

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Clio GT Turbo
« Reply #2 on: 12:51, Tue 09 July 2013 »
Ah i didnt check the smaller cables, 'm gunna stick a different battery on there to see what happens. But otherwise just gunna bump the b***h